Buy smaller clothes for motivation?

Options
13»

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I think I would only risk it if I ran into a dress at a thrift store that I loved, so the option to size up wasn't available, and it would be cheaper. It would have to be only a little tight though, or else I might run into the situation of "tight in the shoulders, loose everywhere else" that is common with me lol.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I do it, but with strict parameters. Otherwise I end up with no clothes I can actually wear!

They have to be beautiful, very significantly reduced in price, and from brands I like but are usually to expensive for me. Only a little bit to tight, and in styles I know will work.

I love clothes, and my taste is generally to a higher end than I can afford, shopping this way in sales means I can get the lovely things.

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    banshee925 wrote: »
    It’s devastating if they’ve gone out of fashion by the time you do fit into them 😂

I'm not that bothered really. I try to stick to classic shapes and colours/patterns that I like.
    I have stuff that's nearly 20 years old, been carefully stored. If I like it and get into it everyone else can take a run and jump 😆.