Weight Loss Stopped

Options
I was doing fine for a few days then the loss stopped. I have been under 1000 calories. What’s wrong?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You measure progress in weeks and months, not days. Even if you do everything absolutely 100% perfect, some days you'll lose, some days you wont, and some days you'll gain.

And you should NOT be eating less than 1000 calories, that's far too little!

Read the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum, lots of great info there.

Please take good care of yourself.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I was doing fine for a few days then the loss stopped. I have been under 1000 calories. What’s wrong?

Not enough patience! Other than that, what @kimny72 said. Weight will fluctuate from day to day. I find weight trending apps to be helpful with that, but at the end of the day, the scale will go up and down day to day depending on amount of sodium taken in, exercise, or just because the moon's in retrograde. Eat for satiety and nutrition, take care of yourself, and expect that it will take longer than you want it to.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Adding to what @kimny72 and @nutmegoreo said:

Daily fat loss happens in small fractions of pounds. Over time it adds up but daily it will not always show up on a bathroom scale because of rounding and the fact your weight fluctuates for reasons unrelated to fat loss.

Read this:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Eating under 1000 calories is a bad idea for your health and because it will hinder the sustainability of your weight loss. Accept that it will take time and that it is worth the wait. Focus not on what the scale says but on your daily process. Eat enough food, fit in treats where you can, try to be as happy as possible doing it.