Protein amounts between 2 of us are vastly different

Options
Two of us ate the same s things and amounts for breakfast and her calcium was 47 and mine was 229...she is using iPhone and I am using iPad, both have been updated......why such a big difference in nutrients?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    You probably used different entries. The database is user created and there can be multiple entries for any one food.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Did you LOG the SAME list item, or just pick the same foods?
    I mean, I can search 'chicken breast' and get a WIDE range of "information" - I mean wide as in not even same planet.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If you make your diary Public we can check for the accuracy of the entries you used. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Unfortunately, the "verified" green check marks in the MFP database are used for both user-created entries with sufficient upvotes and admin-created entries that MFP pulled from the USDA database (no upvotes needed). To find admin entries for whole foods, I get the syntax from the USDA database and paste that into MFP.

Note: any MFP entry that includes "USDA" was user entered.

For packaged foods, I verify the label against what I find in MFP. (Alas, you cannot just scan with your phone and assume what you get is correct.)
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just checked chicken drumstick for lunch. Ordinarily dont eat dark meat, but will today. Looks like 4 oz might be 140 cal. Or might be 180 cal
    🤔
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    jeffjeff85 wrote: »
    Just checked chicken drumstick for lunch. Ordinarily dont eat dark meat, but will today. Looks like 4 oz might be 140 cal. Or might be 180 cal
    🤔

There should not be a difference between drumstick and thighs, and "Chicken, broilers or fryers, thigh, meat only, cooked, roasted, 4 oz(s)" = 203 calories and 28 g protein.