Meal Prep

Options
What does your daily meal prep looks like? Do you have a specific food/meal that you eat before working out?

Replies

• fountain2014
    fountain2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually just prep whatever I want to eat for that week, nothing fancy. I eat a lot of curries and pastas, paired with a roasted veggie or salad side.

If you wanna be healthier about it, protein (chicken), veggie (broccoli) and a grain (rice) is a good rule of thumb to follow. Swap them out as you get tired of them.
  • stevembakes
    stevembakes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a retired chef, so, daily prep is fun and easy for me. I usually have some basic root vegetables, fruits. and a meat protein like cooked chicken (save the stock if I poach it) on hand. With rice noodles, rice, pasta in the pantry, it's a matter of combining what I have with complimentary foods that go well together. If you don't have a lot of experience mixing/matching use sources like Martha Stewart, Food Network TV that have reliable recipes to get you going. Have fun!
  • Dazzlle22
    Dazzlle22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm a retired chef, so, daily prep is fun and easy for me. I usually have some basic root vegetables, fruits. and a meat protein like cooked chicken (save the stock if I poach it) on hand. With rice noodles, rice, pasta in the pantry, it's a matter of combining what I have with complimentary foods that go well together. If you don't have a lot of experience mixing/matching use sources like Martha Stewart, Food Network TV that have reliable recipes to get you going. Have fun!

Woah, that sounds amazing! I'll check them out, maybe I'll finally learn how to spice my meals, kinda bland tasting until now, but still eager to practice and learn to make them tastier
  • Dazzlle22
    Dazzlle22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually just prep whatever I want to eat for that week, nothing fancy. I eat a lot of curries and pastas, paired with a roasted veggie or salad side.

If you wanna be healthier about it, protein (chicken), veggie (broccoli) and a grain (rice) is a good rule of thumb to follow. Swap them out as you get tired of them.

Yup, same old combination, but with my "amazing" cooking skills my meals are too bland, that is why I'm looking for other meal plans 😅