Adding Food

Hi

Does anyone have any tips for adding food easily? Often find the amounts are in ‘cups’ or brands I’ve never heard of.

Also what do you do if you make a whole dinner like spaghetti Bolognesse? Add every ingredient? Feels like it would take forever 😩

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    For the bolognese, I'd enter it as a recipe. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe_parser

As far as portion sizes, you either have to search for one that has the info you want or you can enter a brand new entry and use that one. There are Admin-entered whole foods, but for brands of processed foods it's a bit harder to find ones that work so I just make new Foods. Then they appear in my MY FOODS list and I can use them with confidence.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,960 Member
    Hi

Does anyone have any tips for adding food easily? Often find the amounts are in ‘cups’ or brands I’ve never heard of.

Enter the name of the brand that you are using, along with the type of product, e.g., Barilla penne
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I usually weigh in grams, then do a search by typing in "apple grams". With recipes I weigh everything and write it in a notebook then add it into MFP either while it's cooking or after dinner.