Doing a 180

Options
Hello all! I'm new to the MFP community but a lifelong dieter. I was low-low-carb, modified Keto for years with some success, but health issues remained. After reading 2 Anthony William Medical Medium books I'm happily embracing fruit and potatoes and trying juicing for the first time(said I never would). The problem with the protocol is that it has no guidelines for weight loss, no recommended amounts of daily macros, so I'm here to keep on track and determine those values within the program that work for me. Anyone else have experience with Anthony's program?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I have not read the book. I would advise you to not worry about following a "diet". You should choose a way of eating that you like and can do forever. A calorie deficit is all you need. You can eat whatever you like and lose weight. Get your daily calorie goal from MFP and buy a digital food scale. Weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Try to stay within you goal everyday. Exercise is very good and will give you more calories to eat. That is really all you need to do. Nutrition, however, is another story. As you get comfortable with logging you can start watching your "macros"--protein, fat, carbs, sugars, etc. Try to stay within those goals and educate yourself on nutrition. Good luck.
  • GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also haven't read it as wasn't aware of the author or the book but I will certainly give it a read whenever I have the time. Looking for it on the kindle store. I have tried juicing before but with lower than expected results. I don't think it's my fortei but it was worth a go. I instead bye juice that is not from concentrate and despite it being less healthy than self juicing, it is healthier than from concentrate products. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I will be sure to check it out asap.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    I would be highly skeptical of someone who chooses to call himself the "Medical Medium".

All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. How you get there and what plan you follow is entirely up to you

I used to juice back in the day, and found it really labor intensive and expensive, and didn't see any evidence it was helping anything. Plus I was using up valuable calories on something that didn't fill me up! So I focused on eating more fruits and veggies, and sometimes get more greens by making smoothies.

Anyway, best of luck! If you have trouble sticking to his plan, just keep the stuff that works for you, leave the rest, and keep on hitting that calorie goal :smile: