Snacks????

Options
2»

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    - sweet peppers - i eat them like apples, or, sometimes cut into strips for dipping hummus.
    - dried dates with a dab of cashew butter
    - raw cauliflower
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Here's another weird snack for you that I eat every day. No judging! Lol.

I put Waldon Farms pancake syrup and cinnamon on 150g of sliced mushrooms in a bowl. Mmm Mmm good!

ok...just DON'T EVER BUY their 'Peanut Butter' stuff...it's just the worst.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I put Waldon Farms pancake syrup and cinnamon on 150g of sliced mushrooms in a bowl. Mmm Mmm good!

I've tried a few other flavors of their things and you're right, they're disgusting. But the pancake syrup is very good!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I've tried a few other flavors of their things and you're right, they're disgusting. But the pancake syrup is very good!!

I've heard many others do like the syrups...maybe one day I'll get the 'courage'🤣to purchase some...
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Nothing fancy. But I love Greek yogurt. If you go plain than adding strawberries and granola is great.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,254 Member
    Options
    I personally love a spoon full of PB when I get a hankering for something.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    I personally love a spoon full of PB when I get a hankering for something.

Ha. I do that all the time. Of make a PB sandwich.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of protein/breakfast bars out there that are fairly close to biscuits (cookies, I'm guessing you speak English English not American English).

A good one is portion-controlled and has some protein, hopefully some fiber. It's easy to keep in a purse, desk, locker, etc. And it is sweet and often has chocolate or a shortbread type flavor.

Yes, it's not carrot sticks or boiled eggs. Don't get me wrong. But I did a lot of these as a morning snack and got some great results. As long as it fits in your calorie allotment it's perfectly fine. And there are some good protein bars, breakfast cookies, breakfast bars, etc. out there...you just may have to experiment .