Early AM running motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    PS I ran for the past two mornings and hope to get out early tomorrow as well!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I always hated morning work outs so I rearranged my life so I can train in the afternoons. I tried to train at 6 am and it wasn’t happening.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My tips is wake up about 30 minutes before you want to start your run, make sure you get your running gear out ready and keep it where it won't be cold (no shoes left by door etc) as nothing worse than cold running gear first thing. Put music on before you leave to give you that final push to get running.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For me it is simply the case of getting out there and doing it.

I get my kit ready the night before and if the run is over 8miles I make some overnight oats. If I'm eating I make sure I do that as soon as I get up and then I get ready and out the door.

I train with a PT very early a couple times a week and it really does become a habit waking up and getting out of the door. So much so that if we dont have PT I still wake up at 5am.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For me it is simply the case of getting out there and doing it.

I get my kit ready the night before and if the run is over 8miles I make some overnight oats. If I'm eating I make sure I do that as soon as I get up and then I get ready and out the door.

I train with a PT very early a couple times a week and it really does become a habit waking up and getting out of the door. So much so that if we dont have PT I still wake up at 5am.