Marcos

Options
Hi wondering if someone could help me , I don’t know what to set Marcos to , as I have high cholesterol and doctor giving me time to see if I can reduce it with diet , I have been looking up online but it’s all confusing and still not knowing what to set it at . Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,099 Member
    Options
  • luckylady123
    luckylady123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No he just said he would give me 6 months to try and change it by diet , I thought he would have gave me a plan , I have looked up and know what a should be eating , I just didn’t know how to set the Marcos on this or leave it they way it was set when I joined up , thanks for your help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Perhaps he meant to give you a plan and forgot. Call the office. Also ask for a referral to a registered dietitian (not a nutritionist.)
  • luckylady123
    Options
    Think that’s the best thing to do , thankyou
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,099 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No he just said he would give me 6 months to try and change it by diet , I thought he would have gave me a plan , I have looked up and know what a should be eating , I just didn’t know how to set the Marcos on this or leave it they way it was set when I joined up , thanks for your help.

The bottom line is that you still need fats and protein regardless, it's just that the focus should be on less animal fat and saturated fat. I would leave the macros at the default, that link I gave you gives a general guide on that. It says 25%-35% of your daily calories should be from fat. MFP sets fat at 30%.

Weight loss and exercise are equally important.
  • luckylady123
    Options
    Thankyou 😊
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

If you know what you should be eating, eat that. If you think it's the right stuff to be eating, why would you change it to meet some set of macros some stranger on the Internet suggests?