Documentary on Netflix about Bikram

Options
lauragreenbaum
lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
Wow - if even half of this is true he's a monster. I've never liked Bikram yoga but I know many people who swear by it. What I can't believe is that he can abuse so many women, get away with it, AND continue to be successful. How is this possible?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    he can get away with it because of the culture that exists there. unfortunately.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    he can get away with it because of the culture that exists there. unfortunately.

The culture where? He committed these crimes in the US, was convicted, then fled the US and is now a fugitive traveling all outside the US (Mexico, Spain, Thailand, etc) teaching classes and speaking and still making millions. No one in the US is going after him.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate

Yogis from India have a huge history of inappropriately touching their clientele and devotees. It is too common in India and sometimes they face justice and sometimes they don’t.

That this happened in the US shows how vulnerable people can be and how these quacks can exploit people seeking a service.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    He's not unlike Roman Polanski. If the US wanted to get them, they would. It's not like we don't know where these men are. It's yet another shining example of how the system fails females in the US.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I’m not familiar with this style of yoga.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

The culture where? He committed these crimes in the US, was convicted, then fled the US and is now a fugitive traveling all outside the US (Mexico, Spain, Thailand, etc) teaching classes and speaking and still making millions. No one in the US is going after him.

even though it happened here. the culture in India. where this is not uncommon.
    it's unfortunate that people will still go to his classes/speaking engagements.