Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are YOUR cutting calories?

MDC2957MDC2957 Posts: 210Member Member Posts: 210Member Member
Probably pointless but I'm just curious, what are your cutting calories?

State your age, M/F, height, weight, activity level, and body fat % along with the calories you take in during a cut.

I'm 39, male, 6'1" 181.2 lbs, weights 3x per week, no cardio, 14.8% body fat according to the calipers, and I'm taking in about 1,750 cal as I try to get the body fat down a little more.
«1

Replies

  • jdog022jdog022 Posts: 696Member Member Posts: 696Member Member
    Damn that’s low. My maintenance is 2750 ish and the lowest I’ll get to at the end is 2000 and that’s brutal. 38 years old 5 foot 8. Currently probably 16-18 % . Will cut down soon been coasting and super stressed lately. Not a good time to be in any deficit
  • MikePTYMikePTY Posts: 3,399Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,399Member, Premium Member
    Currently on 2250 a day (TDEE) to lose a pound a week. 33, 5'11", 195 pounds, 25%ish body fat. Exercise 3-5 times a week. Mostly martial arts with some weight lifting.
  • giancarlov1191giancarlov1191 Posts: 199Member, Premium Member Posts: 199Member, Premium Member
    At my lowest, 1800 a day.

    M/28/5ft8
  • MDC2957MDC2957 Posts: 210Member Member Posts: 210Member Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Damn that’s low. My maintenance is 2750 ish and the lowest I’ll get to at the end is 2000 and that’s brutal. 38 years old 5 foot 8. Currently probably 16-18 % . Will cut down soon been coasting and super stressed lately. Not a good time to be in any deficit

    16-18% now, or in your photo? No way 16-18 in that photo - you look leeean!
  • jdog022jdog022 Posts: 696Member Member Posts: 696Member Member
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Damn that’s low. My maintenance is 2750 ish and the lowest I’ll get to at the end is 2000 and that’s brutal. 38 years old 5 foot 8. Currently probably 16-18 % . Will cut down soon been coasting and super stressed lately. Not a good time to be in any deficit

    16-18% now, or in your photo? No way 16-18 in that photo - you look leeean!

    Now. Honestly that level of bf in the photo is difficult for me to sustain. I’m a bit fluffier now then usual for a variety of reasons but going to lean down again soon
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 325Member Member Posts: 325Member Member
    Female 5ft 8.5. Sedentary/ lightly active. I lose .5lb week on 1800isg but I’m lazy at logging so it may actually be higher than this.

    No idea of my body fat, last bia measurement was 23%. I’m hoping that’s a bit high but it might not be!
  • watts6151watts6151 Posts: 496Member, Premium Member Posts: 496Member, Premium Member
    220lb at 6ft and ball park 12% bf
    Currently cutting on 4500 cals
    Due to heavy work load, I cut usually around
    3000cals, that will get me single digit bf
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Posts: 35,372Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 35,372Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    37 Yr Old Male
    169 lbs @ roughly 16-18%
    5'11"
    Cutting Calories ~2200-2500
    I lift 4-5 days a week although, it's been lighter loads lately while I recover from some injuries.
  • TedebearduffTedebearduff Posts: 1,133Member Member Posts: 1,133Member Member
    I'm curious how you guys come up with your numbers compared to using the site calculator.

    IE the site tells me to eat 1650 calories to lose 2lbs a week but I can barely make my protein requirements alone on 1650. What does someone use (outside of personal XP) to gauge.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,796Member Member Posts: 25,796Member Member
    I aim for 1800-2000 calories.

    44 yoa female, 5'9, 180 lbs
  • giancarlov1191giancarlov1191 Posts: 199Member, Premium Member Posts: 199Member, Premium Member
    I'm curious how you guys come up with your numbers compared to using the site calculator.

    IE the site tells me to eat 1650 calories to lose 2lbs a week but I can barely make my protein requirements alone on 1650. What does someone use (outside of personal XP) to gauge.

    I would do it by hand using the Miffler St. Jeor formula, which is the same formula MFP uses but doing it by hand leaves more flexibility for the activity level. I put myself between lightly and moderately active
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 1,229Member Member Posts: 1,229Member Member
    54 year old male, 6'1", 195 lbs, base calories = 1860 plus eating back exercise calories. I exercise 7 days a week, alternating between full body weight training and cardio. I'm eating on average 2300 calories a day. I've dropped 85 lbs so far and I'm still cutting to ultimate goal of 100 lbs.
    edited November 27
  • peachvine29peachvine29 Posts: 375Member Member Posts: 375Member Member
    I am 27F, 5'8'', and 139 lbs.
    I've lost 61 lbs, it took about 1.25 years.
    I figured out my maintennance to be about 1,880 net calories BEFORE exercise calories (MFP thought it was about 1,750).
    I am currently cutting at 1,630 net, adding my exercise calories back and eating them, too.
  • MDC2957MDC2957 Posts: 210Member Member Posts: 210Member Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    220lb at 6ft and ball park 12% bf
    Currently cutting on 4500 cals
    Due to heavy work load, I cut usually around
    3000cals, that will get me single digit bf

    Holy crap.
  • jdog022jdog022 Posts: 696Member Member Posts: 696Member Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    220lb at 6ft and ball park 12% bf
    Currently cutting on 4500 cals
    Due to heavy work load, I cut usually around
    3000cals, that will get me single digit bf

    Construction? Mail man or pro hockey player? 😀
  • giancarlov1191giancarlov1191 Posts: 199Member, Premium Member Posts: 199Member, Premium Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    220lb at 6ft and ball park 12% bf
    Currently cutting on 4500 cals
    Due to heavy work load, I cut usually around
    3000cals, that will get me single digit bf

    What would you consider your "bulking" calories?
  • watts6151watts6151 Posts: 496Member, Premium Member Posts: 496Member, Premium Member
    I run a heating engineering company.
    This time of the year it’s solid 12-14 hour
    Days,

    Bulking wise depending on the time of the year, anywhere from 4500 up to 6000+
    I adjust daily depending on work load


    After 25 years of lifting I’m pretty much at my genetic limit, as a rough guide I’ve probably
    Gained 1-2lb of actual muscle in the last
    18months and that’s with every aspect of diet, training, recovery , supplementation
    As close to optimal as i possible can

    My garmin has me at 5742 maintenance cals for the day without and cardio or gym work

  • giancarlov1191giancarlov1191 Posts: 199Member, Premium Member Posts: 199Member, Premium Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    I run a heating engineering company.
    This time of the year it’s solid 12-14 hour
    Days,

    Bulking wise depending on the time of the year, anywhere from 4500 up to 6000+
    I adjust daily depending on work load


    After 25 years of lifting I’m pretty much at my genetic limit, as a rough guide I’ve probably
    Gained 1-2lb of actual muscle in the last
    18months and that’s with every aspect of diet, training, recovery , supplementation
    As close to optimal as i possible can

    My garmin has me at 5742 maintenance cals for the day without and cardio or gym work

    Cool, thanks for sharing.
  • Tic78Tic78 Posts: 220Member Member Posts: 220Member Member
    5'10 male, 41 years young, gym 6 days week, lifting on 4, slow solid state cardio on the others. Generally walk dog around 10 miles per day.

    Current weight 169lbs. Current body fat around 12%. Cutting calories on average 2300, I never really go below 2000.
Sign In or Register to comment.