Jean size/inches lost?

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
Now that I have lost around 73 pounds, from 272 to 199/200 I wish I had documented how many inches I lost. If that is the right way to say it. I was in 46 jeans from the tall and fat store and now I'm a normal store 38. Is there any way to figure the inches lose in my stomach? Is it as easy as just saying 8 inches because 46 jeans to 38 is 8? I wish I had hung to those fat jeans just to see the difference. I thought I kept them but I seem to have thrown them out. Thanks for any info.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    I’m not sure you could use your common sense logic. Manufacturers size differently. If your jeans are by the same company, you might be right.

Well done, in any event. 👍
  • OAS5
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I’m not sure you could use your common sense logic. Manufacturers size differently. If your jeans are by the same company, you might be right.

Well done, in any event. 👍

Thanks, and yeah that's why I'm a little annoyed with myself for not taking some measurements before starting to lose weight but ya know in the beginning you are just focused on losing weight. Its like tunnel vision so I didn't think of it. It was weight lower=good. My jeans are definitely not by the same manufacturer.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Hurray for you for 73 pounds! Hurray for you for lots of inches!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    I would suggest measuring a pair of 46 jeans in the other brand to compare. It won’t be totally accurate but you’d have an idea.
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    That's probably pretty accurate. I started at 350+- (6'6" tall) last fall/winter and am currently 237. Size 44/46 to 36 right now. Some brand 36's I try on are a little snug while others I could almost fit a 34. Either way the 110lbs has swung my waist a similar amount.

I did buy a fabric tape and started measuring the last few months to have a better gauge of it since I'm closing on my goal weight and the drops in general are consistent with the sizes minus some brands are +- one size. I may end up in a 34 comfortably but it'll be close at 220-225 which is my end goal.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Now that I have lost around 73 pounds, from 272 to 199/200 I wish I had documented how many inches I lost. If that is the right way to say it. I was in 46 jeans from the tall and fat store and now I'm a normal store 38. Is there any way to figure the inches lose in my stomach? Is it as easy as just saying 8 inches because 46 jeans to 38 is 8? I wish I had hung to those fat jeans just to see the difference. I thought I kept them but I seem to have thrown them out. Thanks for any info.

If you used a belt, that's how I figured it out, because I hadn't done measurements in the beginning either. Of course, it only measures where the belt was, but I measured from the hole where I used to be, to where I am now.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    I do not know inches but I started at size 22, went to a 14 or 16 with weight loss and am now an eight or ten with exercise.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I didn't track inches, either. Wish I had. I went from a Womens Plus size 22 and just bought a couple of pairs of size 10 regular jeans.
  • OAS5

If you used a belt, that's how I figured it out, because I hadn't done measurements in the beginning either. Of course, it only measures where the belt was, but I measured from the hole where I used to be, to where I am now.

Oh I think this is a good idea. I do have my old belt which I had to make several holes in so I could keep using it. I made at least 3 holes in it. I have it somewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!