I need a 'Good" app for making recipes

letscoexist1
letscoexist1 Posts: 4 Member
I had worked for some time creating a recipe that made some soup I could actually eat. Not only the written form but cooking it as I did it. Well, lost the whole thing. Was using the easiest entry, but I guess it was an "old" calculator or what have you. VERY frustrated. Anyone here that can tell me where to find a GOOD recipe creating app? I would be VERY grateful. I'm so frustrated. :s

Replies

• SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Paprika is fantastic, its an app for your phone.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    My frustrations with MFP diary had more to do with database issues. I'm much more comfortable with both the diary and recipe functions in Cronometer.
  • catiaspmedeiros
    catiaspmedeiros Posts: 4 Member
    Mealime :) been using it for months now
  • catiaspmedeiros
    SallyH77 wrote: »
    Paprika is fantastic, its an app for your phone.

Hi Sally, does it make a shopping list based on the meals you chose? Cheers

• catiaspmedeiros
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    For recipes with cooking instructions, allrecipes.

Hi :) does it create a shopping list? Cheers
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    edited December 2019
    I use ValuSoft Master Cook- You can easily add recipes, adjust servings, get nutritional and calorie info. Been using - just realized for over 20 years. Also creates impressive shopping lists...My brother in law who is a chef was so impressed with software used in his professional kitchen..
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Lots of good ideas here, I am going to try out. Not sure why/what changed on MFP but since September 2019 countless times while entering ingredients for new recipes at about the 7th item, it literally kicks me out. So has become more and more annoying. So now I have lots of new ones to try.

Will any of them export correctly over to MFP?
  • NEvans033
    NEvans033 Posts: 2 Member
    Paprika does make shopping list and can export to reminders app. You can input your own recipes or download from web. 👍
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Mealime :) been using it for months now

am I blind? Does it let you know calories/serving?