I think I was a bear in my past life...

I am in my "senior" years, unlike most here (I think). In my youth, I WAS very active with sports, but during the years sustained injuries that have prevented me from indulging in a lot of the activities I loved. Since January, I have lost 30 lbs, and have been maintaining at 135 for the past 2 months. Although I DO NOT engage in a regimen of "daily workouts, gym, etc", once spring comes around I am very active outside, around the house. As the cold weather starts to come around, I find myself wanting to "store" calories for the winter....I think I may have to move down south....lol

Replies

• GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    That reminds me to plan for that feeling, I've got to figure out some low-carb cold-weather foods.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Normal human behaviour maybe? In our subconscious or something to add few lbs for winter months lol?
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    If you move South, your hibernation months just change. Here in Texas, it's too hot to do anything from June - October. But our winters are nice enough to be out and about most of the time.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    I want to live somewhere where most of the year it's in the mid 70's to a high of 80. I love to be outside when the weather is like that!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I don't think I was meant to live through Chicago winters. I belong on an island somewhere :sad:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I get that every October and get much less hungry in the Spring. I lose weight, exercise a lot and can't eat my calories in the summer.

It's cold in the winter. It takes a lot of calories to stay warm. When I was working in the cold I was STARVING. I assume I needed those calories. Last winter I kept to my calorie goals, but I had to be careful what I ate.

----

BTW, the reason swimmers can eat so much and stay thin isn't just swimming. It's swimming in cold water.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/nasa-scientist-chills-body-shed-pounds/story?id=12000983