ISO Lunch/Snacks Prep Help

Options
I'm in need of your best lunch/snack meal prep ideas. I'm a teacher so leaving for lunch in not an option. Also, I have a student with a peanut allergy, so that's out. I've never done this before and all help is appreciated! Happy Friday!

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My current favorite sandwich spread is a puree of 1 can chickpeas (drained/rinsed), 1/4 c. walnut pieces, 4 T. Dijon mustard (I use the grainy kind), 1 clove garlic, juice of 1/2 lemon, and black pepper to taste. This is really good with about a 1 oz pile of baby kale or other greens, and I'm sure other veggies would be just as good. I like roasted veggies for lunch, even cold and leftover. My favorite combination is frozen Brussels sprouts (cut in half or smaller), diced butternut squash and diced Pink Lady apples. I roast them without oil on parchment paper, oven 420F for about 45 minutes. I do russet and sweet potato "fries" that way, too, and dip them in ketchup. It's possible to eat them cold. If you have a Thermos, you could bring soup for lunch, or any leftovers, really.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I buy 1 bunch of kale for $1 every Sunday. Chop it up and cook it in water with some dried mixed veg. I either season with yellow coconut curry, soy sauce with sesame, or "slap ya mama". Add protein of choice (salmon, chicken, sometimes veggie burger or tuna/salmon pouch). This usually makes at least 3 lunches. You can add brown rice, shirataki or soba noodles to stretch it farther. I use leftovers from dinner, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt and fruit to fill in gaps.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I'm in need of your best lunch/snack meal prep ideas. I'm a teacher so leaving for lunch in not an option. Also, I have a student with a peanut allergy, so that's out. I've never done this before and all help is appreciated! Happy Friday!

What are your dietary restrictions, if any? What foods do you really like to eat? Answering these 2 questions will help us tailor ideas that are specific to your needs and likes. :)