Again x4

jh270593
jh270593 Posts: 33 Member
I accidentally posted on my personal account. Hopefully my other post will get deleted I have reported it...

Repost! I am back again after 12 months of eating rubbish. I got down to my goal weight. Felt amazing in all my clothes. 12 month later I can barely pull my pants up my thighs!! Why do I do this?? Food lures me in. Cookies. Brownies. Chocolate. I have it for breakfast/lunch/tea. I feel addicted to junk and sugar food. I go past the shop when I'm not hungry and buy junk. I am desperate to start myself off again but I just struggle to motivate myself. I go to bed saying right tomorrow is the day and it just doesn't happen. If anyone has any inspirational websites/posts to direct me to feel free. Even TV shows just to help motivate me to be good. Sometimes I've found something gives me a kick up the bum and that's it then I can be good again!! Help please.

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,131 Member
    Self-sabotage is a problem for many. I feel like I "relapse" when I am not handling stressors, my feelings, deeper issues. So, an easy coping mechanism is to eat. I don't think I will learn to maintain a loss, until I stop using food for non-hunger problems.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    I've been there before a couple times too, and just started to get back to putting my health first a few months ago. Like the person above me, I also had issues when there were bigger issues than just wanting junk food making life difficult.

The 'aha' moment for this year me was traveling for work and none of my nice work pants were comfortable (a few months before that they were almost too big), so I had to deal with a day of flying to another state for a meeting, going to the meeting, and flying back the same day in too-tight pants. And just like in some stereotypical nightmare, my pants ripped in the crotch and a button popped off! Thankfully not ripped in a place that anyone else would notice if I was careful, but I did have to buy a sewing kit at an airport shop and sew up my pants in a bathroom stall. Definitely not my proudest moment.

You did it before, so assuming you felt good about the weight loss methods you used in the past, you already know what you need to do.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    jh270593 wrote: »
    I accidentally posted on my personal account. Hopefully my other post will get deleted I have reported it...

Repost! I am back again after 12 months of eating rubbish. I got down to my goal weight. Felt amazing in all my clothes. 12 month later I can barely pull my pants up my thighs!! Why do I do this?? Food lures me in. Cookies. Brownies. Chocolate. I have it for breakfast/lunch/tea. I feel addicted to junk and sugar food. I go past the shop when I'm not hungry and buy junk. I am desperate to start myself off again but I just struggle to motivate myself. I go to bed saying right tomorrow is the day and it just doesn't happen. If anyone has any inspirational websites/posts to direct me to feel free. Even TV shows just to help motivate me to be good. Sometimes I've found something gives me a kick up the bum and that's it then I can be good again!! Help please.

You can do it you have to be strong and roll with it sometimes we give in and sometimes we achieve it's a rollercoaster ride jump on and enjoy it. Log food exercise and you will succeed. Good luck