why not losingweight?

Options
patalbert
patalbert Posts: 1 Member
Hi,
struggling to reduce weight even though constantly 500 calories plus, below my daily allowance. Is it possible i m not consuming enough? or is it age related ....I am over 65 and exercise regularly. e.g gym and swim.

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Suggestion read all of the stickies at the top for getting started lots of good information there.
    And enter your information into MFP for age, lifestyle, current weight, height and so on.
    A big factor is how much weight someone has to lose. Which is far different than how fast we want to lose the weight.
    Example for women minimum calories is 1200, men it is 1500. Very often people will enter the bare minimum because they want to lose the weight the fastest. And it really does not work out that way for people who have smaller amounts to lose.

Somewhere in the sticky notes it literally lays it out. If someone has 75 or more lbs to lose to get to a healthy weight then 2 lbs a week makes sense.
    If less than down to I think around 50 lbs 1.5 lbs
    49 lbs to around 20 lbs or so it drops to 1 lbs a week.
    I may be slightly off in the above numbers. Point being that weight loss, is not going to be a sustained weekly amount from when you start to when you are almost done.

Also two really big things that I totally learned from being here on MFP. Is to log all food every day. And buy a food scale. And weigh all of your foods before you put anything in your mouth. Because just looking at a package of food or estimating calories is not accurate.

And really need 3 to 6 weeks of logging daily and weighing food, to really see what is going on, and are you at correct caloried.
    Good Luck