Other benefits of going to the gym besides working out....

Options
First, let me say that I love men. Even when they're really in touch with their inner jerk. I love them. I'm a flaming heterosexual.

For those of you who might be embarrassed about going to a gym, let me tell you something that helps keep me motivated.

I'm a 55 year old overweight female and I go to a gym. I do cardio and strength training. Now, nobody is looking at an old lady like me, especially with my extra pounds. Guys are looking at the young girls with the hot bodies, (and who know they have a hot body), or they're busy looking at themselves as they pump weights and do their workouts. And women aren't looking at me, because I'm too old to be competition.

So no one's paying attention to little old me, but, by jimminie, I sure as heck am checking out the dudes, and there are some really good looking ones, with nice bods, believe you me. Helps to keep my heart rate up while I'm doing strength training. ;-)! What a bonus!

So take the opportunity while you're working out to enjoy the scenery. Don't be embarrassed or self conscious while you're at the gym. Most people are too absorbed in their own workout to pay attention to you, and, if anything, understand how great and how hard it is for overweight people to take that step.

Hope to see you there!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Loving your post! You've made me think its time maybe I hit the gym lol
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Free coffee-I can't drink it, I am coffee snob, but it is there. Go for it!

Honestly, I am not checking out the dudes --just isn't my bag. Door only goes one way, not that there is anything with letting it swing both ways....thank you Jerry Seinfeld....
  • kimbim60
    kimbim60 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I go a woman's gym HOWEVER, recently went to a Zumba Charity Event to help raise money to send 2 young men to a Martial Arts Competition in Italy. Lots of people there young and old, male and female, was a nice change and lots of fun doing Zumba with people who had never tried it before.
  • codereddawg
    Options
    very nice post...

i agree with you., going to the gym should be fun, and if that's what makes it fun for you, awesome!!!
    the gym is a great place to give yourself some eye candy....

hopefully one day i'll be one of those 'hard bodies' that people stare at! :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Attend a women's gym too. I don't "check out the ladies", but I do like to scan the room for inspiration i.e. How :smokin: do their backs,abs, legs, arms look & the goals I would like to work towards myself :bigsmile:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    yes, love the eye candy!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Geez I need to go to your gym! Not a lot of eye-candy at mine!