Tackling thyroid problems

Options
natlee221218
natlee221218 Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hiya im natalie, was using this app about 2 years ago and lost 6 stone. Since then iv been diagnosed with over active thyroid and iv put on about 5 stone. Im now on medication and no longer in pain. But im now working full time and can't find the time for the gym with work and the kids. Im no longer in pain so would like to get back to the gym proper. I have a pt session once a week on my day off and i walk my dog daily. Hopefully i will lose some of the weight again. Anyone else have thyroid problems? X

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Hi Natalie! I'm Ali...and i have just found out i have an under active thyroid. I am not taking any medication at the moment my condition was found out due to an MRI for something else and so my doctor mentioned there may be a natural approach such as if intermittent fasting, which I just started and I'm very hopeful about!

I have been very active and eat very little and have not been able to lose weight in many years or do so very slowly which on paper does not make sense so we shall see if the i. F. Works and I can finally see some good results and get my metabolism to its full capacity LOL

I'm not sure how this will help you but I can sympathize with the frustration and I'm here if you want to vent or talk about anything!

Hugs and best of luck to you! you sound very busy and hopefully the medication will really help you! Rooting for you girl😍👍💕🤗
  • natlee221218
    natlee221218 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its nice to know im not alone with the struggle with thyroid problems lol, and yes its very frustrating as im putting more effort and not seeing any results. I know i will get there just got to give myself more time i suppose. Thankyou and same here. Message me when ever u like x