Gym shoes

Options
Am I better to have more than one pair to use? Thinking of getting a second pair to rotate with the ones I have to allow them time to breathe properly after each session. Aiming to get back to going every second day again.

Replies

• Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs of athletic shoes though they serve different purposes. When I first started going to the gym I only had running shoes. I was taking a variety of classes and had difficulty with twisting my ankles in some of the aerobic classes I thought the running shoes would be great to use. Thank goodness, a kind soul took me aside and recommended training shoe which are wider soled. I do save my gym shoes for the gym and change to my running shoes when I get home, to walk dog and do my errands.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It depends what you are doing. You need different shoes for running vs lifting. I also like a lighter, more flexible shoe for aerobics type activities. And I do think you're right that letting them air out and fully dry is a good idea.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Getting two (or more) pairs of shoes and alternating is best practice. But it depends what you are doing, because if you're doing mainly treadmill that's a bit different than if you are a kettlebell fan, and if you're doing Zumba a fair bit that's also different.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you’re only wearing them every other day to work out, I don’t think you need an alternating pair because they already have plenty of time to breathe. I wear mine all the time for everything, but I take them off inside, so they have several hours most days, plus all night to air out. Never been an issue.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother for freshness purposes if you are going every other day. That gives them plenty of time.