i gained :(

Options
ive been eating healthy, eating all my calories or only falling 50-100 cals short, and exercising regularly. I do not get why I keep gaining weight. I'm getting to think whats the point of putting so much effort if i haven't had a result in months.

Replies

• xarra
    xarra Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your excercise calories?
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your food diary, we can't really help you pinpoint what you could be doing wrong. Could be not enough water (water retention), could be too much sodium (water retention), could be not eating your exercise calories, etc.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You might try switching up the kind of exercise you do and maybe pay more attention to the kind of foods you eat. Don't eat out very often as restaurant foods are full of sodium and fat. Drink lots of water and try upping your lean protein and lowering your carbs. Don't give up! You can do this!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Maybe you should look at what you are eating. If you are not eating the proper foods, then your body will still continue to gain because you are not getting the right amount/ balance of nutrients. For instance, if foods have to many grams of sugar, sugar is glucose, which converts to fat. If you are working out hard, your body requires more food. So if you work out hard and eat less, if you eat the wrong types of food, your body will convert what you eat to fat and store it because it thinks you are going into starvation mode. Try to also drink more water as it helps to flush out excess waste that we do not see.

Like xarra commented. If you work out and the computer gives you 300 extra calories, are you eating those calories also. The goal is to only eat teh alloted calories and leave the other calories alone. That way you should see the difference.

Don't worry, weight loss is never easy. Sometimes you have to find the right combinations of food and the right exercises that work for your body. I thought it was all about running, I have learned in the past month, I actually managed to slim down by walking more!

I hope this helps....stay on the path to weightloss. I've been at it for years and have not managed to get it right. But you can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I agree with you about running. My friends who run are super slim. The problem with running for me is that it makes me feel like I'm starving to death so I eat more. Walking doesn't do that to me.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    my diary is public. feel free to go critique.