low fat cookies

Options
Ok yall, I love Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Is there anyone who can share a healthy version with me.

Replies

• baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    I love 100 Calorie Pack Crackers and Cookies! :drinker:
    http://www.nabiscoworld.com/100caloriepacks/100cal.aspx#/varieties/
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about just replacing things? Try using half Greek yogurt and half apple sauce or something instead of the butter (or Brummel & Brown, etc. if you need the butter flavor), whole wheat flour, Splenda (or your preferred sweetener), Splenda brown sugar, ground flax seed can replace eggs.

When you make those changes, you might not cut out a TON of calories and fat, but you'll definitely have a much healthier option. I recommend cutting a recipe in half and trying.

Good luck!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    These are a lower fat & sugar version:

1 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cup oats
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 egg replacer, prepared (I use NRG)
    1/2 cup mild oil, like canola or safflower
    1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
    1 tablespoon agave nectar
    3 tablespoon water or nut milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3/4 cup raisins

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. You can also grease your cookie sheet.

Combine all dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon) in a large bowl.

In a separate small-medium bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg replacer through vanilla). Add the wet to the dry and add raisins. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. The mixture will seem a little dry, but it should stick together to form little balls. (If it doesn't, add another 1/2 tablespoon or so of nut milk or water.) Form the mixture into cookies with a spoon or by shaping little balls and flattening them on to the cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 13 or 14 minutes. The cookies MUST cool a little before handling, otherwise they will fall apart. Plus, they get a little crisp when cool as opposed to warm.

If you divide 1/2 cup of sugar by 24 cookies, each cookie only has 1 teaspoon of sugar. The same goes for the oil-- only one teaspoon of oil per cookie. You can probably do even better if you sub out half of the oil with applesauce...

Makes about 2 dozen cookies