6 week update - Didn't think anything was working.....

Options
Hi all,
When I started this journey in July I didn't think I would be say here 6/7 weeks later 4kg down and nearing my target every day.
I've had a few days where I felt a bit poop and a bit down thinking that nothing was happening, I am doing this change with my boyfriend and he is constantly being told WOW you look amazing your weight loss is really noticeable etc etc but not once had anyone said anything to me. Sooooo, I bit the bullet and decided to take an updated pic and I couldn't believe the difference! Now, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm the skinniest I've ever been as that would be a lie but I'm finally on the right track and I know where I'm going.

My main aim for my change is to prepare myself to get into a bikini and enjoy sitting on the beach/by the pool on my holiday to Mexico and there was no way I was doing that the size/weight I was. now, we don't go to Mexico until 2014 so I thought we could take it easy on this journey and not feel any pressure.

I'm so pleased with how things are looking right now and I can't wait to see where I can be in another 12months time!!

6836f878-10e3-4b7e-939a-0ed38ded342c_zps00f9ee72.jpg

Replies

• Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow, your looking fab, well done.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That almost seems impossible for 6 weeks....what are you doing? I want to try it. Congratulations!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Massive difference. Well done :-)
  • MrsKerryParkin
    MrsKerryParkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That almost seems impossible for 6 weeks....what are you doing? I want to try it. Congratulations!

Thank you

I'm not doing anything spectacular, I'm just sticking to my calorie goal (most days) and adding some exercise here and there.
    I'm also in training for a half marathon in 4 weeks time but I'm not actually running, I'm not allowed to under doctors orders so I've literally been walking everywhere I can... nice long 5/6/12km walks along the coast as well as the odd few exercises when my body allows.
    I think the reason for the biggest difference is that I've cut out a lot (actually, LOADS) of fizzy pop! I haven't cut it all out as you can see on my diary but I have cut right down and it's aided in my tummy not being so bloated anymore.

We are eating the majority of fresh, home made low calorie meals although we have been spoiling ourselves slightly on a couple of weekends when we have had family celebrations.
  • canadiangirl014
    canadiangirl014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done! You certainly look great and should be proud. You are going to look smashing in your bikini on a beach in Mexico. :-)
  • MrsKerryParkin
    Options
    Well done! You certainly look great and should be proud. You are going to look smashing in your bikini on a beach in Mexico. :-)

I certainly hope so, it's definitely the thought that keeps me going :smile:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ditching most of the fizzy drinks has definitely made a difference, but it's also really noticeable in your arms. They're shrinking too! Great work. Excellent progress.
  • MrsKerryParkin
    Options
    Ditching most of the fizzy drinks has definitely made a difference, but it's also really noticeable in your arms. They're shrinking too! Great work. Excellent progress.

Thank you! I hadn't even noticed that... I couldn't get past the tummy! lol :laugh:
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    keep goin!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! I have been doing this about as long as you and don't feel like I have seen much progress. I have just seen a little difference on the scale and that is pretty much it :( But your pictures are very motivating!! Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • MrsKerryParkin
    Options
    Thanks to all for your motivating comments :heart:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • steffi38
    Options
    That's a lot of difference in six weeks. Looking good. Keep it up.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is some amazing progress in only 6 short weeks! You should be so proud!!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration and what an amazing accomplishment. Like you, I have been on the MFP train for about 6 weeks, and to date have lost 3.5kgs, so am losing at about the same rate as you are. Seeing your progress picture is really motivating for me. I certainly can't see as big a change as that in my own body but know I must be on the right track.

Can I ask how tall you are and what your goal weight is?

:flowerforyou:
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    some people need glasses .. lol. of course there is so much difference. you did great as your boyfriend. congratualtion
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress on your way to an awesome goal!
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, great work. Keep it up:)
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing well done. You can see such a difference!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!