Been fat all my life and I’m finally ready to change that

Hi, I’m a 25 year old male. I’m 6 ft tall and 217 pounds. I am on the border of overweight and obese according to BMI chart. I’ve been fat since the 3rd grade... I really want to get in shape and have some sex already. I’ve been trying to cut out carbs and eat protein for about a week now. Today I logged my first day for my diary. My limit per day is 1510 calories, 57g of carbs and 151g of protein. So far, I feel like I’ve gotten fatter when I’ve been eating less. I don’t exercise, just following the diet. Am I doing something wrong here?

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    How are you measuring your food? If you haven’t been weighing your portions, you need to do that for a while until you learn what a correct portion size looks like. Also, if you are used to eating high calorie density foods and start eating more lean protein, vegetables, and healthier foods, you may feel like you’re eating a lot when you are eating fewer calories.

Trust the process. If you eat the given number of calories, over time you will see a change in your weight. It won’t happen overnight and it won’t be a linear, regular process. If you haven’t seen the scale move after three weeks, then it will be time to come back and start asking more questions.

Although it’s not necessary to exercise to lose weight, exercise will help you retain muscle and look better as you lose (and besides you will be healthier.)

Good luck!