It's time...

Options
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am finally going to do something about my health. I would not normally communicate on something like this however, after several attempts I figure accountability might help. I have always been small throughout my life. My family is very small. I quit smoking 5 years ago and since I have gained 50lbs. I am not looking to lose all of that because I was pretty happy with my body about 30lbs ago. This is all new to me as I have always tried to gain weight now trying to lose. I realize I wasn't nearly as unhappy being underweight than being overweight. I want to feel comfortable in my body. I do not want to try to hide everything or think about losing weight every minute of the day. I don't want to lay my head on the pillow at night and be disappointed in myself because I did nothing to help myself. I want to feel good and be confident. That is my goal.

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    If you were able to kick the smoking habit I have confidence you'll tackle this as well!! I've watched my dh try to kick the habit so many times; he's now just given up trying to give up cigarettes. :(
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with this part of your lifestyle change!!
  • hawk2go
    hawk2go Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck Stephanie. I quit smoking 13 years ago and also gained a bunch of weight and am finally losing it. Losing weight is so different from quitting cigarettes. You'll live well without any cigarettes at all, without food not so much. Weight loss is pretty basically - eat less and/or exercise more, consistently. If you've had a lifetime of being underweight, then several years of weight gain, what will you do differently to get rid of the excess?

I've been focused on changing my eating and exercise habits instead of eliminating whole food groups. Would love to what you will do to create your calorie deficit?