Attacking Food Addiction Helped Me Reach My Goal in 6 Months! Almost 80 lbs LOST!

Options
ClassicL337
ClassicL337 Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2019 in Success Stories
Feel free to add me as a friend on MFP: stemen.tony@yahoo.com OR username ClassicL337

I recently celebrated my 39th Birthday (November 19th), but it was unlike any birthday I have ever had. 190 days ago (6+ months), I began a journey with 3 goals in mind: #1: Break Food Addiction; #2: Translate my Mental Health into Physical Health; #3: Lose Weight. On my birthday I HIT MY GOAL and lost 76.6 lbs. For most people, that would be enough, but I am working on the bigger picture, so in reality, I feel like I am only halfway there.

The “before” picture below showcases my predominate lifestyle of food addiction before this journey. I was fluctuating between 300-325 lbs, would get out of breath from walking upstairs, and my bloodwork levels were slowly climbing.

chi3yilrfr56.jpg

The “after” picture shows me in the present day. I have lost 76.6 lbs, I am eating 90% plant-based, I have reduced my waist by 5 sizes, and my cardiovascular health and bloodwork have improved immensely. I also included a picture of my bloodwork numbers, and how they have lowered and improved.

oqsu7abfsfit.jpg

The most common questions I get are around “what are you doing?” or “what program are you on?” Quick Loss Programs and Fad Diets (like Keto) were not what I was pursuing. Quick fixes are not maintainable, and they often lead to heavy gains once you stop. I recognized in myself that I was mentally healthy enough for the first time, to begin working on the real problem: Food Addiction. I had been trained in life that food is the answer to all emotional baggage, and I had become addicted. So how did I do it? Calories Counting + Walking + Consistency + Accountability + Good Food. Here I am, 6 months later.

03lpgqwb31s7.jpg

I am thankful for the tools that helped me to get here. MyFitnessPal is a fantastic app, and my current streak is 200+ days of counting calories. Orgain Protein and Greens smoothie mix was a staple, as it often replaced my lunch. Forks Over Knives inspired us to make some amazing dishes that are all plant-based. The We Do Meat Free Mondays Facebook group (Ohio) has also been an inspiring community that I am grateful to be a part of.

I am thankful for the many people that came around me on this journey. In the beginning, I asked several people to keep me accountable, and I still text them daily to share struggles, calories, and successes. Amy, Kelly, Maria, Tanya, Justine, Aaron, Jeremy, Jacob, and the other "Middle-Aged Noobs" (Gaming Group), I could not have done this without them.

So why I am only halfway through my journey? Because I spent a lifetime building bad food habits. I know need to spend more time building new ones. I will continue to count calories, continue to have accountability, and continue to work on mental health.

I am proud of this journey and happy to share it with you. I hope it’s an encouragement to you if you need to begin your own health journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend on MFP: stemen.tony@yahoo.com OR username ClassicL337

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You may not have set out for a quick fix but that was extremely fast. I hope it all works out well for you. Good luck.

• GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!