I'm eating healthier. 2K cals / day or less. BELLY BE GONE

Options
I'm eating healthier. I drink GC Control Shakes with water cranberry juice and raw kale for brkfst's. Minimizing my bread/tortilla or replacing with lettuce wrap. But the pounds aren't just flying off seem to stuck in the 220 range..BELLY BE GONE

Replies

• mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Stuck at 215# but staying there course. r9v1u1b86apf.png
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    mikebxb wrote: »

If you lost five pounds in a month, that's not "stuck"; that is slightly over a pound per week weight loss, which is entirely reasonable unless one doesn't have much weight to lose. However, you're losing that weight through a calorie deficit, not through the specific foods you eat or don't eat.
  • mikebxb
    Options
    It's seems slow going even with radical food choice changes. I cut back on my bread cheese chips and beer for lettuce wraps, more fish and skinless bird chkn/trky spiked seltzers and carrot sticks/pork rinds for snacks. along with boiled eggs and brkfst protein shakes and mountains of kale with everything...stuck at 215 but I'm not giving up as I know my efforts will bear fruit and I am eating healthier.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have made lots of changes in your diet. Are you going to be able to keep the new way of eating forever?
    Because when you go back to eating what you did before, before long you’ll weigh what you did before.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    vvhxedd3s4p4.png
    Mine has a few more calories than yours, but I LOVE breakfast burritos and always have and probably always will.
    I don’t know how satisfied I would be with your shake. When I make breakfast burritos, I usually add a couple egg whites for volume and protein, 17 calories each. I do make them with corn tortillas, both for calories and taste, but to cut calories for a short time, I might eat them as a lettuce wrap.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options

Don't worry stick at it we all have times when we are static then suddenly it changes, your doing so well hangnin there!
  • mikebxb
    edited January 2020
    Options
    u21q4x1xxn65.png
    Thanks all. Yes I think I can replace one of my official 3 meals with a 'shake' type drink forever. I too love breakfast so I usually wind up eating breakfast for a lunch. I've always removed the skin from my bird, not added salt and never been big on bread and always paper toweled the grease from beef and sausage. We cook things in NuWave oven that uses air and infrared convection heat on a grill that auto drains grease and oils. (the lbs should be flying off ;-)) After logging for 2 months I confirm what I already suspected..my problem areas are eat after 7pm and snacks in the evening. Granted, I've replaced summer sausage/cheese and crackers, Ruffles or taco chips and salsa with pork rinds or cottage cheese and pears or nuts and melaleuca Simply fit baked crackers
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,258 Member
    Options
    u21q4x1xxn65.png
    Thanks all. Yes I think I can replace one of my official 3 meals with a 'shake' type drink forever. I too love breakfast so I usually wind up eating breakfast for a lunch. I've always removed the skin from my bird, not added salt and never been big on bread and always paper toweled the grease from beef and sausage. We cook things in NuWave oven that uses air and infrared convection heat on a grill that auto drains grease and oils. (the lbs should be flying off ;-)) After logging for 2 months I confirm what I already suspected..my problem areas are eat after 7pm and snacks in the evening. Granted, I've replaced summer sausage/cheese and crackers, Ruffles or taco chips and salsa with pork rinds or cottage cheese and pears or nuts and melaleuca Simply fit baked crackers

Your doing so well and it's great your have identified your problem area.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    If you think you've reached a block on your weight loss, I noticed there is no exercise listed. Sometimes just pushing the envelope a bit, maybe adding just a bit of exercise, might be what you need to hit the next goal mark. I know when I've hit the wall, that's what's gotten me over it. ;)