Poll-what is the next move?

Options
Hello-okay so I have been running pretty faithfully since the end of January.... I did a half marathon in 2.16.01 in April, and did a 5.2 mile race in June in 44+.....I have been doing Insanity since the begining of June as well. So here is my poll question.............

Run another half marathon in October
OR
Run a full marathon in November

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    improve...contantly improve....go for the full in novemeber!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! I am not really sure how difficult it is... But why not both? They are in different months!

But whatever you choose, being able to do it is commendable! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I think you should go with the full if you feel up to it!
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I've been where you're at. I've run two full marathons and if you are motivated to do it than start training now. You should do a 20 to 22 mile long run about 3 weeks before the race. There are a ton of books on training for a marathon. It's cool to be able to say you've run a full marathon.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I agree with Anu. Any marathon training plan has you doing long runs leading up to the big race, so just make the half your long-run for that week. Congrats on your accomplishments!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I may just do the half to improve my time. My husband is laid off right now so I don't want to put up too much $$. I really would love to do the full.......to say I did, to prove to myself I can..................Running non-stop for 4.5 hrs, I am afraid I will hit a wall!