Proform smart bike + ifit

Options
I refuse to pay for a peloton and the proform is similar with a decent financing option right now. I was hoping to get real people opinions though. So you have this? Do you like it? I also looked at echelon but it didn't come with the tablet and was a little more in the long run.

Replies

• jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I have a nice spin bike and subscribe to Peleton digital. Love the Powerzone training cycling in particular. Also the digital app price just dropped to $13/month. App also has other stuff like running programs, strengths yoga etc. I've used the yoga but heard good things about the running programs too.

I love it.

I use an ipad or my android. And when I'm travelling i use it on a hotel bike etc.

I would get a spin bike that shows watt output and then subscribe to Peloton at $13/month. You can go used if you want. I have a Keiser m3i, which is a nice spin bike but there are options at every price point. Just make sure you get something that gives you watts.

Then you can also use things like Zwift etc. Also depending on what you get, you can probably resell it if you end up not using it.

I am really enjoying the Peleton classes. I just cant participate in the leader board, which I don't care about. And I think it's easily worth $13/month.

• Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    Tacx neos are on sale right now too.
  • reannalynne
    reannalynne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a nice spin bike and subscribe to Peleton digital. Love the Powerzone training cycling in particular. Also the digital app price just dropped to $13/month. App also has other stuff like running programs, strengths yoga etc. I've used the yoga but heard good things about the running programs too.

I love it.

I use an ipad or my android. And when I'm travelling i use it on a hotel bike etc.

I would get a spin bike that shows watt output and then subscribe to Peloton at $13/month. You can go used if you want. I have a Keiser m3i, which is a nice spin bike but there are options at every price point. Just make sure you get something that gives you watts.

Then you can also use things like Zwift etc. Also depending on what you get, you can probably resell it if you end up not using it.

I am really enjoying the Peleton classes. I just cant participate in the leader board, which I don't care about. And I think it's easily worth $13/month.

What bike do you have?
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I have a Keiser m3i. It's a pretty nice spin bike. (Commercial grade...will last me 15 yrs...35% less than a Peloton new but 5x better equipment...I paid less for a floor model).

But I wanted something compatible with multiple platforms (Zwift, Strava, etc). And I use it 5x/week. And I had a Lemond before that for 10 yrs that I rode until it needed extensive repair.

There are many price points. Also, there is high quality used equipment out there. Kaiser's are commercial grade equipment and you can often buy them used and they are somewhat indestructible so used is fine (plus they are easy to sell).

The main recommendation I have is get something that shows power output in watts.

The rest depends on how much you want to spend and features, etc. Lots of options.

But I'm finding the Peloton app to be great. It's easily worth $13/month (if you buy the bike its $49/month...so that's $2,400 plus $49/month????).

One side note...the Peloton bike owners do have a really strong community (community element weaker for app users...but the content is 100% the same including being able to take classes live if that matters). And they are taking couch potatoes and turning them into actual athletes. And part of that is this community they have that is extremely encouraging and supportive and fun (yet fanatical). (P.S. Avoid criticizing Peloton bikes to Peloton owners...they will defend that thing with religious fervor.)

Have to be a little bit more self motivated with the app. But it's obviously way more cost effective. You could get a used sunny for $100, sign up for the app for $13/month and good to go.