TOM eating ladies?

Options
Wasn’t sure where to post but do any ladies have trouble eating while on their period? I don’t have a problem working out while on it but feel more drained afterwards too. I also gain 2-4 lbs while on it and feel disgusted and less motivated to eat. I literally don’t want to eat so I have no energy. Do y’all have recommendations for more energy and ways to get myself to eat?

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Well, this was unexpected. Usually it's the opposite with the eating, lol. Perhaps stock some of your favorite foods that are more calorie-dense so you don't have to eat as much?
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @RelCanonical Yeah I know it is odd. I use to stuff my face when I was younger but now it's like food disgusts me when I am on it. It's like nothing sounds good or looks good...But I will try your suggestion thank you so much!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Mine swing either way...some months ravenous appetite, some months super nauseous and no appetite.

First, I don't think you have to worry about a few days of low food intake. Overall for the week/month, it will balance out and you aren't going to be nutritionally deficient in a few days.

Second, go for solid nutrition and dense calories when you do eat...Trail mix is my go-to, a little salty, a little sweet, doesn't make me feel ill, and it's packed full of calories.

Eggs are another food that I can always eat even when I feel ill, it won't make me feel worse, and at least it's some good nutrition even if not a ton of calories.

Peanut butter is another one that I can pretty much eat any time, and also full 'o calories.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this problem :( I'm the opposite - simply ravenous during my TOM.