Help Confused and i need to lose weight and get fit

ja7272
ja7272 Posts: 2 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm confused over the Tdee and Macros, I have PCOS also. I am going on a walking holiday in may 2020 and i need to be fitter and lighter, I'm trying to figure out how much fat, protein and carbs i should have but i'm very confused.

Can anyone help? I'm 46, 5ft7, 187lbs i want to be 147lbs but i also know this isnt going to happen before i go away but it's my ultimate goal. I train 5 days a week doing cardio and hiit training for an hour each time and i also dance once a week. I am going to be walking at least 10k once a week in addition to my current routine.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Jane

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Confucius said: never get confused, just do one step at the time. Seriously now - MFP has so much to offer and there are always supportive members to assist. Have a medical, look at your daily life style and make small changes, one at a time. Start buying healthier food, stay away from any plastic - wrapped food - buy fresh if possible, stay away from fast food, start reading the small print labels. Try to use a food scale, record everything you eat and drink daily. Get a feel of your eating habits - it's the small changes which count, one tiny step at a time. My mantra is: if I would not have started to do something about my general health a year (week, month etc) ago, I would be even more unhealthy, more unfit, heavier by now. 615 days gone, 45 kg gown and much more to go...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    I'm also an advocate of the "gradually remodel your eating" approach that others have mentioned above. There's a thread on here that lays out one possible approach to doing that (methods, not food prescriptions):

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It's basically what I did to lose from 183 to mid-130s (at 5'5', then age 59-60) in a bit less than a year . . . just with most of my mistakes and false starts left out. ;)

Best wishes!