Body-positive menswear?

Options
124»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i don't mind men just wearing leggings but i do know quite a few men who feel distracted when they are the guy in the tights.
    I don't care
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    Do the gyms ever require women to wear loose/high collar sweat or t-shirts to cover up their "girls" and cleavage?

They don't do that at my gym

And some of the tights and leggings that women wear at the gym leave absolutely nothing 2 the imagination.

Sounds like a double standard to me.

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Do the gyms ever require women to wear loose/high collar sweat or t-shirts to cover up their "girls" and cleavage?

They don't do that at my gym

And some of the tights and leggings that women wear at the gym leave absolutely nothing 2 the imagination.

Sounds like a double standard to me.

Honestly, I would prefer anyone, male or female, to wear shorts over their tights. I'm not at the gym to ogle anyone. And I'm not really interested in an almost naked view of peoples sexual apparatus while working out. Yes, it's covered, but, as you said, it leaves little to the imagination.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Azdak wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    These are some of my pants. Cheap, functional, comfortable. They fit me well even when I was a lot bigger. I know they were no more than $40, but probably less. They technically do not fit your "no logo" criteria, but to be honest that may just be something you might need to work on getting over. I didn't even really realize they have a logo until I saw your post and looked for it. It doesn't change the functionality or look of the pants, and it doesn't mean I'm part of an organized sport.

d2qzzyrcmmzw.jpg

The problem is that right now they are not making those anymore. I just went to the UA store last week, as well as other stores that sell UA products. Every pair of sweatpants had tapered legs except one style that looked like Ron Weasley’s dress robes.

I am sure there are still old-school sweatpants out there, but I have not yet found them.

These look a bit looser. Agree I was at the UA outlet in suburban Chicago and nothing loose. Check your MFP notifications. I got a $40 off $100 or more.

5d65j300wpoe.png

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-armour-fleece-double-threat-pants/pcid1295287-001

There are also these, real old school:

b5xm45bdw7e3.png

FYI it's worth picked up a pair of the Project Rock sweats for me along with my Christmas shopping, IMO fantastic. Getting another pair when there is a another $40 off $100 coupon code.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,478 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Does anyone deadlift in tights? Based on how the bar can tear up sweatpants I'd think tights wouldn't last.