2 lbs down...

Options
It’s really hard when you eat healthy all week and see you’ve lost 2 lbs. I should be proud of that right? I hate that I feel that I’m not. I did only work out once. But that’s better than nothing right?

How do you combat those negative feelings?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I’d be thrilled with a 2 lb drop in a week. I’m average closer to 1 lb a week. Healthy weight loss happens at a rate of 1-2 lbs a week. So 2 lbs is actually a great loss for the week.

The thing to keep in mind is that weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint and all the small numbers are going to really add up over time, but not if you give up because it’s not happening fast enough.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    Two lbs a week is great! I lost an average of 1lb a week working out every day. Think of how much you're losing overall and how you're changing your life. You could be doing everything right and hit a plateau so be happy with the weeks you lose. Hang in there!
  • RunningIntoShape
    RunningIntoShape Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @alexv8719 two pounds in a week is good progress. A healthy rate is 1-2 lbs a week. It takes time. Like @Shortgirlrunning said, weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Your doing great!!! Keep going :) It all adds up! You could also think of it like,"if I was not working out and eating well I probably would have gained a pound this week".
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Negative feelings about what? What were you expecting?

Weight loss isn't linear, and water weight and digestive content fluctuations will affect your scale weight day to day and week to week. You are looking for results over weeks and months, not a week. Was this your first week eating this way?

Unless you have 75+ lbs to lose, you should be expecting to lose @ 1 lb per week on average, give or take. How many lbs are you trying to lose?

Eating healthy and exercise are great for your health, but losing weight is all about a calorie deficit. Log your food, use a food scale, hit your calorie goal, and settle in for the long haul.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each sub-forum lots of great info there.