40 is coming :/ anyone else??

Options

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Just remember: unless your life is truly terrible, turning 40 beats the alternative!

(I'm 45.)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    My avatar shows me at 43 (soon to be 44). I'm coming up on 55.
    The shot was taken on June 2, 2002, prior to my running a 5K, which I finished in 33:53.
    During that race I was passed by a man wearing a T-shirt showing him as a member of a 65+ running club.
    Four days later I ran a 3.5-miler.
    Twenty-four days after that I ran a 10K.

A year BEFORE that, I was about 60 pounds heavier.
    I had spent my 40th birthday moving, under trying circumstances.

I've now been back up (though not by as much) and back down in weight, a couple of times. Am working on making the loss stick, this time.

I LOVE every birthday I have because I'm still on this side of the grass. Bottom line.
    Happy Birthday and Enjoy!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Age is nothing if you are fit & happy. Stay away from the media BS. Be true to yourself..not a #.
  • Shoney2013
    Shoney2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Actually, I feel really good about turning 40 because I look around at the 20 and 30 somethings and think I've progressed rather well. We 40 somethings look great big or small we beat em all!!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I still have a couple of years to go, but I'm really looking forward to my 40's. My 20's were all over the place, I slowly gotten things together in my 30's and learned A LOT. So now that I'm in the best shape in my life and feel better than ever it only adds to my excitement. I'm sure that may sound weird to most. :)

Have a great birthday!
  • ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    Thanks Everyone :)
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 four years ago, and feel better now than i did when i was in my 20's and 30's.
  • tommyswoman
    Options
    I'll be 40 in 9 months. I really don't mind being forty. I feel I've finally found my style and what works for me as far as what clothing suits me and even decorating my house, as funny as that sounds. The only thing I'm not crazy about is looking more like my mother lol.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    tommyswomen that is funny.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    39 in October so not quite, but getting there. Not too worried about it...used to worry about it...but now at basically 39 I'm more fit and healthy than I was at 29...by 40 I should be my old 25 year old self again; not worried at all...planning a 1/2 Iron Man just for the occasion.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    wolfman great attitude and much luck on the iron man ,sent you a friend request.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in October. I honestly haven't thought that much about it.
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Good for you Grant :) this thread has made me realize that it is just a number ,what counts is how i feel .and i feel great and im living a great life :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    40 is just the start of your second childhood....
    Which means I'm now a teenager again (53)!!
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    lol I love that :) great way to think about it :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Except in this childhood, you can buy your own toys...

...and (hopefully) more of them.
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 Monday the 12th. I thought I would wake up and feel older, or something would just instantly make me "feel 40". Nah, you got this. I still get carded, people think my kids are my sisters, and I'm told I look young often. It's the weight loss I'm sure, but it's not so bad..
  • ttmspeace
    Options
    Thanks grneyes,thats awesome :) and Happy Birthday Sweetie:)
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! I'll be 40 on Halloween. I'm trying to look at it as a good thing because I set a goal for myself beginning of this year, that I will lose 40 lbs by my 40th bday and try to go celebrate big... but secretly I'm taking it harder than I care to admit to anyone! :/ I have 11 lbs to go to reach that goal, so trying to take it in the positive that way.... hope I can.

Of course, I the big joke in my household is that I'll be celebrating my 5th anniversary of being 35... but yeah, I feel ya!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Except in this childhood, you can buy your own toys...

...and (hopefully) more of them.

I need to buy me some toys then!