I literally just started my journey and already feel down
Can’t be the only one ☝️
Feel free to add me

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,298 Member
    Options
    @zara_star

You can do this! If you're looking for a supportive and friendly place for motivation, check out https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2019-2020-soon. We will be setting up new teams in January, but go ahead and get in there now. We have little challenges each week. Sometimes they are fitness, sometimes diet, and sometimes other things. A couple weeks ago we practiced gratitude. You get to earn points for your team in a friendly "competition." Come join us![
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time and focus on small goals. I just focus on 5 lbs at a time.

Weight loss is about persistence, not perfection. There will be days you overeat. There will be days you skip your workout. The key is to get back on track the next day and leave your mistakes in the past. The one day of messing up isn’t what makes you fail, it’s the giving up because you had one bad day that leads to failure.
  • Basana0909
    Basana0909 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You’ve got this !!! And it’s a struggle what I do is take one day at a time and set small goals . This way I’m not overwhelmed . And a piece of advice , don’t weigh yourself every day .i used to do that and it messed me up emotionally . Think positive thoughts about ur journey about how u will feel and look with every small goal u meet !!! It becomes easier in time !!! You’ve got this !!! ❤️
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me that motivation is a feeling, just like joy and sadness and all of your other feelings. You don't feel happy all of the time, but you still keep going. You won't feel motivated all of the time, but you keep going.

What worked for me was making this a routine, a habit. It takes at least 28 days to form a habit.

Now it's something I just do without thinking about it.