Here to make friends and get strong! ;)

Options
xmarye
xmarye Posts: 385 Member
Hey everyone! I am looking to make friends who also eat close to maintenance and trying to gain muscle!

I am a mom of 3, 5 and under. I am 27 years old and 290lbs! I used to be 130lbs and working out all the time.

I am so done with all the diets and bingeing-restricting cycles. I want to focus on becoming healthier and stronger. I am in this for the long run! I have taken a break from the diets for a good 6 months now, and I want to take a more balanced long-term approach this time.

Today is day 7 for me. So far, I have started swapping processed foods for more whole foods, traded snacks for complete meals, and I am focusing on hitting my daily protein goal and getting moving. I ditched the pop and I am drinking my 2L everyday. I am doing bodyweight stengthening exercises for the most part, and a little dumbell work. I have lots of pain so I am starting slow. I have lost 1.5lbs this week. I am tracking for data but won't let myself be tricked by the scale.

I am trying to eat intuitively while focusing on whole foods and crowding out the less healthy foods. Everything is allowed, in moderation. So far my daily average seems to be around 2600cals.

I am trying to figure my maintenance level while getting used to eating healthy meals, and will take a slow approach, cutting only a few 100cals every couple of weeks when things get slower. I want to gain muscle and strength and not slow down my metabolism this time around.

I was lost seeking the newest easiest way to do everything, and at this point I think it's time I look for the answers in me. I have done this for long enough, I have purchased enough programs, I know all the exercises and all the recipes and I have the tools.

I am starting where I am with what I got, but I am hoping to start assembling piece by piece more equipment to workout with. So far I have a mat, some dumbells and resistance bands. I think I can do something good with that with a little sweat and tears!

It's time to put in the work. It's time to stop running away from pain, and start facing it.
It's time to get over the pain and be the best I can be, everyday.
I am done seeking comfortable and easy, I am ready to commit to challenging myself daily.

Who's with me??! :wink:

Replies

• Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good on you. Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do and your gonna go get it!

Time passes quite quickly. Small losses add up. Using a trend app is helpful so that the scale doesn't trick you. Its happyscale for iOS or libra for android.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You go girl! My jogging stroller was very valuable when my wife and I had little kids. I'd load little kiddos up (with coats and blankets in the winter) and take them jogging. They enjoyed it as much as I did.

I'd also take frequent jogs (some kids on bikes) to nearby playgrounds. Several rounds of freeze tag with kids is great way to burn some calories. I'd also jump rope, do pull-ups and push-ups- just basically anything I could to get my exercise in- while kids were playing and getting fresh air and exercise too.

I've also found strength training (via "Starting Strength") works pretty well in my garage with a minimal investment of equipment. You can still workout with small kids- but you got to be creative. The best thing about it though- most workouts will involve you outside with your kids which is a million times more fun than going to a gym.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Everything in your post is spot on - you've got the right mindset and you've arrived on the best solution for long term change. Very inspiring post, keep us updated and Good luck