4 years maintaining 115 lb loss!! πŸ˜„πŸ’ͺπŸ’–

Options
2Β»

Replies

• bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration! Thank you for sharing!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    So much yes for all of this!! Your journey, your weight loss, the fact you're a Hufflepuff... it's all amazing! Love from a fellow Hufflepuff
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ About 4 years ago, I lost 115 lbs & have been maintaining since then!!

I wanted to make this post because I remember how much the success stories used to inspire me to push myself to become healthier when I was obese.

I am sooo incredibly grateful to be on this journey.

Growing up, I was bullied relentlessly, had really bad social anxiety & bipolar disorder & turned to smoking, drugs, alcohol, & food to self medicate after high school. My life went down some really dark paths.

I quit smoking cigarettes & have been alcohol & drug free since 2012. It’s been a long journey but absolutely worth it. After completely gutting the motherboard of my life, getting into therapy/group therapies, finding the right medications, & just completely restarting my life, I became mentally stable.

I developed healthy coping mechanisms, including reading. The Harry Potter series is my all time favorite!!! πŸ€“βš‘οΈβœ¨ It has helped me tremendously in my stabilization.

After my mental stability, it was then that I decided to work on my physical health.

When I started out, I was pre diabetic & was so obese that walking down the street was excruciatingly painful 😒😭

I started out using an exercise bike for a couple minutes at a time because I needed an exercise I could do sitting down, being that that was all I could do 🚲πŸ₯΅ I eventually worked up to exercises that I could do standing up.

My Fitness Pal & tracking has helped me so much in losing weight & maintaining!
    πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ˜»πŸ˜»πŸ˜» The forums have taught me so much about consistency & health!

Now, I exercise 6 out of 7 days of the week & have a very physical job that allows me 15,000 steps a day, something I would have never been able to do before!! Aerobics is my favorite form of exercise πŸ’ͺπŸ˜πŸ’–πŸŒŸβœ¨πŸ’•

I never want to take my physical & mental health for granted. I am incredibly grateful for my second chance at life & if you took a moment to read this & look at my photos, thank you!!! πŸ˜»πŸ’–πŸ˜»πŸ’–πŸ˜»

Starting weight: 278 lbs
    Goal maintenance range: 163-167 lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 165 lbs
    Height: 5’7”
    Lost a total of 115 lbs!!

If I can do it, so can you!! 🌟🀩🌟

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

tjxhaf914qkb.jpeg
    mk9z4518g3ya.jpeg
    awqgd312ghjo.jpeg
    dze5usr06xmg.jpeg
    qoe9p17ftc1j.jpeg
    zhqujhi9rx1n.jpeg
    mjm74ysua86k.jpeg
    yyfmx37x1dca.jpeg
    adqa89io85fp.jpeg
    1sl26jbbdf1r.jpeg
    lygfaw1wcstl.jpeg
    9czwe0ce31rm.jpeg
    j3ajsevzk0h0.jpeg
    x7gvgkp13rco.jpeg
    0wo6f61bs7dc.jpeg
    snujr3phv5ao.jpeg
    6nbbm0051nun.jpeg
    b3quehi3rsq1.jpeg
    yjo0y7fh1hg2.jpeg
    5n3wqwgafkje.jpeg

https://youtu.be/j-2ZxldMO-M
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!