Hot girl summer, here I come!!! Need new friends, add me!!!

Options
Beachlife813
Beachlife813 Posts: 18 Member
edited December 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Southern (FL) girl who wondered into a big city (DC) and fighting my way through the rat race. I live in a high rise downtown on top of 4 restaurants and any kind of food you could want is with 2 blocks. So the temptation and convince is serious!

I have battled the art of balancing life and gained a lot of weight in the process after getting out the military. Trying to learn more self discipline and accountability by using technology. I’m not on FB, so I want to start posting updates and pictures of my progress.

So far I have lost almost 15 pounds! Special thanks to my puppy Blue who is always down for aa walk and is the best side kick Eva!

My goal to having a upcoming hot girl summer is to join CrossFit, yoga, walk, and cook at home more often. Oh and I’m very single, but I plan on landing more hot dates this upcoming summer also! Please add me as a friend so we can see eachother progress and motivated one another!

I wish everyone who is reading this self love, peace, and trusting the process!

Nameste!

Ash

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congratulations on your 15 lb. loss and your motivation!! Welcome, MFP is the best source of info!!
  • Beachlife813
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome, reeniehj! I wish you the best in your journey also!
  • mskitty5923
    mskitty5923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice .Good work on loosing weight.You got this .Lol I can’t say the say for me.But I like the motivation of your accomplishment.keep going .Kudos
  • mshantelb
    mshantelb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey , congrats on the 15 lb loss and for more success to come
  • Beachlife813
    Options
    @mskitty, thank you for your support! I know that losing weight is so easier said then done, but I believe u can do it girl! Keep intouch!
  • Beachlife813
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @msshantelb, thank you. I find it more enjoyable to do things I dont hate. I hate cardio but enjoy weight training (everyone is different of course). Instead of forcing myself to do a hour long Zumba class, I usually have to pray I don’t pass out, die, and I’m usually off beat. I prefer a short hardcore weight session (CrossFit) or yoga.
  • Sharod_BeastFit
    Sharod_BeastFit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    All you got to do is stay in line, staying on the right path to make sure you dont turn off course! That's where support motivation and encouragement comes into play! Lets get fit! You got this! Get ready to own it! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hey sis! You got this! Blue is going to get you there!
  • Missi2015
    Missi2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ! Could use the motivation and friendship too but not sure how to add 🤦🏻‍♂️ Add me 😊
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I totally feel you on all the tasty temptations of living in a major city. Think of how much money you'll save on food, though! Granted, all the money I save on eating out I end up spending on new workout clothes and gym memberships, but still. Better use of the money, I say.
    Congrats on your loss so far! Sounds like you know what you need to do, it's just about making it happen.
    I completely agree that for exercise it's all about doing what you enjoy so you look forward to it. I hate cardio, too (ironically, Zumba is the one cardio class I do enjoy since I love dancing).
    Is Blue by any chance a blue nose pitbull? They must at least be some kind of blue dog? I have a blue nose APBT who I thought would be a wonderful running partner when I got her, but she's actually the absolute worst. Our paces are just totally conflicting, and she gets so distracted by water that I can't take her for walks around the lake near my house without her wanting to go swim instead.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Honestly OP, your post sounds like an intro to a female-led, feel-good movie about self love and personal growth. It was awesome. I can literally hear the voiceover as it pans over shots of downtown DC. You're the star!
  • Beachlife813
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words everyone. I’m really enjoying this platform to meet others who also have some of the same struggles.

For me it’s not just about eating and working out. It’s a whole lifestyle change with so many distractions along the way. As soon as I think I’m making progress, I get another detour. I’m learning that detours and the unexpected is impossible to avoid, but you have to learn how to pick yourself back up and fight another day. It’s exhausting, frustrating and feels impossible.

When I get down, I try to think about how my future life will be. I think of my beautiful husband, kids, friends, family, career, freedom, and happiness. Also, my happy place is the beach. Sometimes I close my eyes and meditate and I can smell the fresh air breezing around me, I hear the waves splashing against the sand, I see the sun settling down under the horizon of the beach, and I feel the warm of the sun on my face. I don’t have to go to the beach because it’s in my blood and my heartbeat.
  • Beachlife813
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • emadepalma
    emadepalma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far and good luck on your journey!!! Feel free to add me as a friend, it’s always easier with support!
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! Sending a friend request :smile:
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You got this 💪
  • KimiFinsterLover90
    Options
    Greetings from Louisiana! It's a pleasure to meet you. 😀 I've been to Florida for my Vacation last week. It was amazing! I wish you good luck and a Merry Christmas! 😉
  • rockergirl87
    rockergirl87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Great job on that loss! It's so hard to get started but seeing those drops always help keep me going! I wish you tons of success and happiness in 2020!!
  • LivingLargeThinkingSmall
    Options
    Hey Ash! I will add ya, girl. I am starting my journey to get healthier and need all the support I can get :)
  • icecream314
    icecream314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do you add or request friend?