What's the most unusual or memorable compliment you've ever been paid?

Options

Replies

• mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    When I was a young teen my friend told me that other girls tried to act like me but with me it was real.
    I have no idea what that meant but I took it as a compliment
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was 6' tall and her boyfriend 6'5"
    We had gone to a Halloween party then decided to play pool after at their place. Being short, 4'11" , I've always worn heels for the most part. I took off my shoes and when the boyfriend stood next to me he said "Oh how cute.... you're like a Midget!" I'm pretty sure that it was meant as a compliment 🀨
  • bigjuicy1234
    bigjuicy1234 Posts: 22,577 Member
    Options
    A stripper told me I'd be perfect for radio. Not sure if she meant my face or voice but I didnt put any more dollars in her g string that night πŸ˜‚
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    That I can't be put in a box :)

(She didn't mean physically. I think)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I used to get carded way into my 40's. It was a bit disheartening when that stopped. But now, on the other side of the coin, at 66 I have to beg for senior discounts. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Back when we first met the SO called me "a little bitty thing". I'm 5'9" and I was in heels at the time. However, he's 6'9" so perspective is everything.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

And this one was said to me a few times in a few different ways basically I don't look as short as I am.....πŸ™„.....i guess until they come right up to me and have to look down lol....i get alot of "omg when did you get so short!?" πŸ€”...7th grade when the tallest girl in 6th grade came back to school as the shortest... be careful of what you wish for folksπŸ˜”
    🀷

I'm SORT OF tall (5'8") but I was the tallest student by far in elementary school, like 5'4" and taller than every 5th grader even when I was in 3rd grade...taller than several of my teachers even. My bubble was SO burst when I got to middle school (6th grade) and there were tons of girls taller than my 5'6" at the time...and a dozen boys too. :D My dad was a burly 6'4" back then and everyone assumed I'd be over 6 feet. Nah. Quit growing at 14.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I’ve had many people tell me I look 25. I’m 37. Love that. πŸ’•
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Someone here told me my face was very symmetrical once - πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
  • thongguy23
    thongguy23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was told, β€œYou’re built like a *kitten* brick house and all of us older gals appreciate it.” πŸ˜‚
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

And this one was said to me a few times in a few different ways basically I don't look as short as I am.....πŸ™„.....i guess until they come right up to me and have to look down lol....i get alot of "omg when did you get so short!?" πŸ€”...7th grade when the tallest girl in 6th grade came back to school as the shortest... be careful of what you wish for folksπŸ˜”
    🀷

I'm SORT OF tall (5'8") but I was the tallest student by far in elementary school, like 5'4" and taller than every 5th grader even when I was in 3rd grade...taller than several of my teachers even. My bubble was SO burst when I got to middle school (6th grade) and there were tons of girls taller than my 5'6" at the time...and a dozen boys too. :D My dad was a burly 6'4" back then and everyone assumed I'd be over 6 feet. Nah. Quit growing at 14.

Aw! I think You're a perfect height and so lovely!!πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ’ž....I did all my growing young and developed young so by 12 i was 5' and my family (mainly first cousins who were very short and really cute chicks) would call me giant and big foot(size 7/7.5) tease me etc...i would literally pray to be short since I was the tallest girl in my 6th grade class and always paired up with the tallest boys in the back rows of school shows etc. And surrounded by petite cute little girls. I know it's crazy now but I was certain I was gonna be a freak show quality tall.....πŸ™„πŸ˜”

Lol I was so happy until high school when the shine of being short wore off really really fast ...i grew another inch and I lied on my license saying I was 5'2" because I once measured at 5'1 and 1/4 ". ..round up baby! HahahahπŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ

I think its just the grass is always greener thing ...but I still would so enjoy even a few more inches ... High heels worked for many years but working from home and no dress code kinda thru that out too....i had to say screw it... I'm here.... I'm mere(ly 5'1")....it ain't nothin to fear!....I can do anything tall folk can ....πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Now if someone would be so kind I have some chocolate on the top shelf ....πŸ€·πŸ˜’
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    A guy I had a crush on in High School told my best friend that he "wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole." That very comment, although extremely hurtful, actually changed my life. I spiraled into an eating disorder in an effort to become desirable and attractive enough for said guy. Ya see, I was an extremely overweight teenager and got comments like that more often than not. Long story short, I ran into him in a bar several years later and he didn't recognize me. I had an opportunity to thank him and explain what had transpired after that very comment. The apologies and tears were plenty, but hopefully the lesson left a lasting impression.

You were always beautiful girl. Always!!!! And I so get that it was what you needed but I would very much like to take that 10 foot pole and well let's just say he would be walking funny ....if he actually ever could againπŸ™„πŸ€·

You. = πŸ’—πŸ’πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ€—....always!😘
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Recently I was talking with a friend about my weight loss and told her how I got too skinny and started trying to gain some of it back (okay maybe I was humble bragging a bit πŸ˜‚)

She then asked, "Skinnier then you are now?" πŸ˜‚

I replied "Now why you gotta break my heart like that?"

And she said "No I meant you were shaped like..." and made a V with her hands... 😏
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I've been told I have a better body than most 20 somethings. The closer I get to 50, the better that sounds.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

I've gotten this one before...that is until thst one eye became all wonky. Now all I get is how hot my glasses are....not apart of my body but ok :'(
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I've gotten this one before...that is until thst one eye became all wonky. Now all I get is how hot my glasses are....not apart of my body but ok :'(

There is a wonky eye'd club. I think we all started to notice it in our early 40's.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    "you're not afraid to tell me when im being a *kitten*"
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Nice glasses πŸ˜‰

I mean nice eyes πŸ‘€