Losing motivation

Options
I'm struggling with lack of motivation at the mo. I'm in the '*kitten* it, its Christmas' state of mind. I'm 1.5lb from target and I keep thinking to myself I should just settle where I am. However, I dont want to feel like this and I want to stay strong and lose those final few lbs. I dont know if it's the weather, time of year or just that I'm not all that well at the moment....but I'm struggling.

Its normal I know, we all go through this stage and I'll know I'll come out the other side, just needed to vent!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Many people just maintain for the holidays. Just set MFP to maintain. You will then have a diet break, which it sounds like you need. After the holidays set MFP to lose.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I'm scared of gaining weight though if I increase calories 😖 silly I know, I've just come so far I'm scared of putting it back on
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Well done on maintaining for so long! Thank you for the links x
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    sorry..had to go back and double check. You're worried and sad about a pound a half?

okay. Where are you on the BMI chart? and how much weight have you lost? I just feel it is silly to worry about a small amount of weight. You look think in your picture.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Was 205lb, now 137lb. Taken 3 years. My BMI is 22.6 - although bmi doesn't take into account muscle etc so is technically a load of rubbish. I'm 36 and 5'5". And yes, I am worried about 1.5lb because I've worked damn hard to get this far and i dont want to mess it up. If your trying to say I look skinny, thays not the look im going for. Before and now pic...

5j58boam1q5q.png

c1nr7p6z85ma.jpg

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Another thing you can do, which I decided to try until the holidays are over, is set to maintain at a slightly lower weight than you are now. I weigh 79.5 k, but set to maintain at 78k. I got a lot of food to eat-1998 cal, which I am not used to, so I'm not counting exercise to see how it goes. I log very well, but think I slip up in estimating exercise calories, even though I cut them in half. I have been on MFP for 6 yrs and in the beginning, the weight just fell off. Now, it's a struggle to lose and MFP gives me 1445 calories before exercise. I exercise a lot some days and I had huge swings in my calories. My weekly exercise is usually around 1500cals. I went from 1445 to over 2000 calories to eat during the week now that I'm set to maintenance. I've set to maintain for over 2 weeks and am slowly losing and my calories are evenly spread out. This is working very well for me. We'll see how this goes until January. The nice thing is you can always change things up. Don't be afraid to try something new.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well. Please don't feel disheartened - especially when from what I can see, you're pretty much at goal.

Also for what it's worth, I've been in maintenance since September - with a goal weight of 54.6kg. Since then, I've fluctuated between 54.5 kg up to 56kg - going up and down, up and down .. Christmas will be challenging but I'm remaining positive. Hope you can regain your positive vibe <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, keeping your eye focused constantly on the issues can get downright old. Do you need to find something different to add or take away from your routine? Need new motivation or goals to reach towards? I can completely understand your fears of not returning to where you've been. It's a very easy slippery slope. Skied down it a few times myself. :(
    I'm looking forward to nibbling extra goodies during the week of Christmas but at the same time looking greatly towards approaching the new year with new goals and inspiration. I figure if I can keep the gain to 5 lbs or less, I'll be doing well and once I get right back to it, I'll lose it in less than a week. MFP has kept me mostly straight and narrow. :)
    And you've done an amazing job!! I'm pretty sure you've got the motivation to keep doing it!!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Thank you lovelies x