Can a relationship be heal?

Options
Orlando23c
Orlando23c Posts: 42 Member
When a relationship becomes damaged can it be repaired?

Replies

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Yes only if both parties are willing to let go of the past and focus on the future. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy but it can work out. Good luck.
  • Orlando23c
    Options
    Thank you , I been with her for 3 years but in the beginning of the relationship started off rough because of my actions.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Well if she loves you and you love her you will work it out. It takes a lot work. The past doesn’t matter it’s the now and the future so no matter how it began it’s where you’re now. Good luck.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,498 Member
    Options
    It depends on how heinous the act(s) were.

To whom they were committed.

How forgiving the injured party is inclined to act.

It's easy to trash a relationship; heck, I've accomplished it in just seven syllables.

• jruch23
    jruch23 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    There will be scars if the relationship continues but if you both are willing to change and start off again with a clean slate, it can be done. Just know some relationships won't always be able to continue though. Both parties must be respectful, trustworthy, with no jealousy, faithful, and kind. And always talk and communicate with each other. I hope yours can still be repaired though! Relationships take work and the longer you're in one, the more work it is. But they can be very rewarding too.
  • Orlando23c
    Options
    Thank you it's good to hear different opinions. I guess what makes it hard is that we been together for 3years but live about 45 miles away from eachother. We did discuss about moving in together the beginning of the year. I told her we need to really fix us and I'm going to give you my all but I need you to do the same as well.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    As others have mentioned, it depends on if the person is honestly willing to forgive (but, not forget) about what happened in the past. It also depends on how much each of you are willing to be open and work on making it happen.

it isn't a guarantee it'll work, as there are none. I always say to think of a relationship as you would a garden. It needs care, nurturing, maintenance, otherwise it may dry out and wilt. Or, the weeds will overgrow it. heck, sometimes it even requires using a rototiller to grind it all up and start over. ;)