Why aren't I losing?

Options
I had my first two week weigh in and have lost 0 lbs! I have not been counting calories on the weekends but I am still watching what I eat on those days.

I exercise 5 days a week and chug water all day long. I'm eating the majority of my calories later in the day but I didn't think that was enough to completely stop my weight loss. Perhaps that's what's stopping me?

I'm very frustrated because I thought the changes I had made were enough to get me started. Two weeks ago I was eating whatever I wanted and being completely sedentary - how come I haven't lost ANYTHING?!

Replies

• recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I was going to peek at your diary but it is locked....if we could see what you are eating that would give us the best idea of what to suggest to you :)
  • MladyAlanna
    MladyAlanna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    dont feel too bad Sammie...Ive been on here for 2 months and only lost about 3 lbs...lost total of 6 since april (per doc) and Ive been bustin butt moving and gooving and counting cal....not real sure what to suggest other then stick with it!!!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It could be the weekends. I have to log everyday or I don't lose. Even when I'm' watching what I'm eating, but not logging over the weekends, I easily eat enough to stay at maintenance rather than lose (especially if you are drinking alcohol on the weekends - those drinks add up very quickly).

I'd try logging a few weekends and see if that helps.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Eat the majority of your calories in the morning and ease off throughout the day. Increase protein and cut out white flour completely and try to minimize processed foods. LOG EVERYTHING!!!!

How much are you eating now? You may need to increase your calories or workout harder, most people when they workout don't push their hardest which doesn't do them any good....
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? Or even half of them? I don't eat past like 10pm, but I go to sleep late. Doesn't seem to have messed up my weight loss. How do your clothes fit? Did you measure yourself? Stick with it and make adjustments as you go along.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Studies show that people who cut backduring the week and then loosen up during the weekend often don't lose weight and/or lose weight more slowly than people who keep to a program all week long.
  • pezperry5
    pezperry5 Posts: 21
    Options
    Try and save your exercise calories and try to be reserved on the weekends or save your exercise calories for the weekend. Weigh yourself at the same time on a day and set out weekly weigh days and mid week ones then you know how hard you have to work to get at least a pound off for the week. Also are your calorie limits too high/low? Your body retains fat to protect the places that need it and even though your chugging water back just be careful cause you may be retaining fluid if your body is not used to the excess water! Try re setting your limits or re-evaluating the plan! Try and avoid eating too much fibre/dairy products and try to have carbs and proteins seperate if you have them together try and make your plate 1/3 full with salad/veg. I probably sound very hypocritical but thats what works for me and I still get to have the occassional blow out! Keep at it and Im sure you will do it! Best of luck. x x
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips! I'm definately going to make myself log my weekends and save my work out cals for the weekends. I'll also unlock my food diary!