Only one being healthy

4lustxx
4lustxx Posts: 22 Member
Everyone in my household is obese , including me. I’ve been very strict and really working on eating healthy I cut out red meats for now ( maybe I’ll have on occasion) I cut out breads I’ll eat corn tortillas but I’m trying to whole using bell peppers or lettuce as bread but anywho I’m trying to lose weight I’ve never been this big until having a baby !! I spent my whole life thinking I was fat even when my weight was amazing and I looked good !! Anywho my bf always talks about diets and being healthy but it never about it I even said we can get healthy together we don’t need to do the same stuff or anything but we can make changes together ( he always says he wants to eat healthy but he binges on snacks he rather spend hours eating candy chips spam and stuff like that other than actual food he loves Mc Donald’s but he denies any food you offer (anybody) could ask if he wants food he says no and I used to get on him about it because he wouldn’t eat all day and than when he finally would it would be chips , spam making cookies etc. my mother isn’t around a lot she works a lot so she does tend to eat un healthy but she doesn’t effect me or anything she will eat healthy it just isn’t around like it use to be and my stepdad won’t eat vegetables unless it’s in a burger (LEttuce tomato) so how do I stay encouraged how do I continue just doing this on my own .. it’s kinda hard because we are cleaning out the fridge and I suggested making a turkey soup with all the veggies we had (they’re gonna go bad soon anyways) and my bf suggested beef fajitas I said he can make that for himself that would be great and he’s like I don’t make food for myself everyone eats it anyways and I’m just like ...
so idk , I buy my own food and eat a lot of fruit and veggies on my own because I don’t want to be fat anymore I’m just feeling alone in this journey. I don’t want my bf to necessarily do like me but I wish he’d enjoy eating real food idk if it’s beef or whatever cheesy but like a meal , not candy or chips something that will help his nutrition. Sorry for the rant I’m just feeling stuck in this household

Replies

• airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    I know your tell by heart. My wife will try for 3 days and say I didn't lose anything in 3days so I can't lose weight. Want get into mother and father inlaws lol. So here is what I have learned. First try to be nice and just tell them you have to do this for you and please be considerate. If that does not work tell them to kiss your *kitten* your doing this for you whether they like it are not. That is what I got from the 40 response off my post. There be people on both sides and but you got to do it for you no one else matters and you can't change them even though you wan't to.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Losing weight is healthy all by itself. There is no need to start with food restrictions unless it is food that cannot be moderated.

Methods of weight loss are not universal. You do not want to start an adversarial situation by looking down on other's food choices as "unhealthy". Eating beef fajitas is perfectly fine if it results in a calorie deficit for the day. I have eaten them many times along with pizza, fried foods, potato chips, etc. I have lost a lot of weight and my health has dramatically improved.

My food choices now are very different from when I started. I would not recommend what I do to anyone. It works for me but others would find it a hardship because among other reasons it involves a lot of fish and most people seem to prefer chicken for lean protein.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    All you can do is focus on your own journey. You can’t make him come along with you.

Join in more in this community or find a weight loss Facebook group if you are feeling alone. Community can be a great help in your weight loss journey and if you can’t get that in real life there’s so many options online.