New Years Goals

Options
2»

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    To finish my 100 lb weight loss ultimate goal...i have lost 88 lbs of it this year so far.
    To improve my weight training and build more muscle mass.
    To be able to do 100 push ups in a row (pipe dream goal)
    To be able to do 10-20 PROPER pull ups in a row (another pipe dream, but doable)
    To inspire more people to improve their own health.
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My 2020 goals.
    To do better then I did this year on my weight loss journey. I had alot of ups and downs this year in my journey. A lot of changes that could not be helped.
    For 2020 I wanna loose at least 30 pounds. I have over 100 pounds to lose in total but looking at the big picture makes me panic.
    Another goal I have set for myself is to do things that make me happy. I tend to put myself after everyone else and that is also not helping me in this journey!
  • DiamndMnd
    DiamndMnd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    To finish my 100 lb weight loss ultimate goal...i have lost 88 lbs of it this year so far.
    To improve my weight training and build more muscle mass.
    To be able to do 100 push ups in a row (pipe dream goal)
    To be able to do 10-20 PROPER pull ups in a row (another pipe dream, but doable)
    To inspire more people to improve their own health.

88 pounds?! That is incredible. Good for you! Those are some good goals. I can probably do like 10 push ups 😂 100 is a lot, but you can do it!
  • DiamndMnd
    Options
    Pokemom33 wrote: »
    My 2020 goals.
    To do better then I did this year on my weight loss journey. I had alot of ups and downs this year in my journey. A lot of changes that could not be helped.
    For 2020 I wanna loose at least 30 pounds. I have over 100 pounds to lose in total but looking at the big picture makes me panic.
    Another goal I have set for myself is to do things that make me happy. I tend to put myself after everyone else and that is also not helping me in this journey!

Focus on small steps. Make small goals. Like 5 pounds at a time. It'll all add up and before you know it, you'll have reached your big goal. Keep that determination, girl!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    My 2020 goals:
    To not have a gaining period all year, so either keep losing or maintain what I’ve lost that far. I’ll let Happy Scale tell me what’s a regular variation and what becomes a gain in trend weight. My current weight is 218lbs and my goal is 176lbs, so there’s a lot to lose. I don’t really care about whether I reach the ”end” this year or the next, because the biggest deal is maintaining whatever loss I achieve. My goal weight is still within overweight BMI, because multiple body composition tests I’ve taken give me that as a ideal weight when measuring my current lean mass and adding a healthy fat percentage on top. I’m fine with that, I’d rather be strong than skinny.

To significantly increase my fitness level, especially cardio. This needs to be done during the first half of the year, as I want to compete in the Jukola relay this summer - it’s the biggest orienteering relay in the world, I’ve done it a couple of times with the last time ending in a heat stroke, and this year it’s in Lapland where the sun will shine through the night that time of year. This is a huge event where everybody competes in the same category, on the heat stroke year I ran my leg of the relay against a reigning world champion and didn’t even finish in the last place. The world champion placed within the top 3, of course.

To find focus, balance and calm and to take things easier I started working full time in April and graduated in June, and years of doing way too many things at once have completely frazzled my ability to focus. I still regularly feel like I should be doing a million things, so I find it hard to focus or enjoy whatever I’m actually doing at the time.

• DiamndMnd
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    My 2020 goals:
    To not have a gaining period all year, so either keep losing or maintain what I’ve lost that far. I’ll let Happy Scale tell me what’s a regular variation and what becomes a gain in trend weight. My current weight is 218lbs and my goal is 176lbs, so there’s a lot to lose. I don’t really care about whether I reach the ”end” this year or the next, because the biggest deal is maintaining whatever loss I achieve. My goal weight is still within overweight BMI, because multiple body composition tests I’ve taken give me that as a ideal weight when measuring my current lean mass and adding a healthy fat percentage on top. I’m fine with that, I’d rather be strong than skinny.

To significantly increase my fitness level, especially cardio. This needs to be done during the first half of the year, as I want to compete in the Jukola relay this summer - it’s the biggest orienteering relay in the world, I’ve done it a couple of times with the last time ending in a heat stroke, and this year it’s in Lapland where the sun will shine through the night that time of year. This is a huge event where everybody competes in the same category, on the heat stroke year I ran my leg of the relay against a reigning world champion and didn’t even finish in the last place. The world champion placed within the top 3, of course.

To find focus, balance and calm and to take things easier I started working full time in April and graduated in June, and years of doing way too many things at once have completely frazzled my ability to focus. I still regularly feel like I should be doing a million things, so I find it hard to focus or enjoy whatever I’m actually doing at the time.

Good goal; to maintain. Congrats on the relay!! Remember to just stay in the moment!
  • holapepi
    holapepi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2020 is being consistent, I always begin something and never finish it. I hope these is the year for me.
  • DiamndMnd
    Options
    holapepi wrote: »
    My goal for 2020 is being consistent, I always begin something and never finish it. I hope these is the year for me.

It's only the year for you if you make it the year for you!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    My first fitness goal of the year is to run the Austin Marathon in February.
    My occupational goal is that I have a very difficult exam to pass and that is a primary goal to proceed anything else I will or can do in my career. I need to just get it done and stop talking about it.