Dancing on a treadmill.

Options
I have come across a few videos of people dancing on a treadmill. I want t learn how to do this. Does anyone know where I can find info on this. If this is not a thing it needs to be a thing. I want to make this a thing.

If you have any info please let me know. I think it would be a great way to change up my workouts!

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of this. My first thought was dancing on tread mills sounds cool and it should be a thing. But then I thought, perhaps this is many devastating injuries about to happen, and this should not be a thing.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you probably imagine you're gonna look like this,

lmtCRjS.gif

but most likely you end up like this

UevEPlE.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

lmtCRjS.gif

UevEPlE.gif

^QFT

Treadmills are not meant to be used as dancing stations. Best of luck if you decide to embark in this. You might want to double check that your gym will allow it and if you do it there or at home, please make sure your insurance is up to date, just in case.
  • MyzGina
    MyzGina Posts: 32 Member
    Options

lmtCRjS.gif

UevEPlE.gif

Bawhahahaha
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I dance sometimes. Well, it's not really dancing so much as my arms violently jamming to the music and playing air-drums, but it's fun. And people stare. But whatever. I'm beyond caring if people stare at me at the gym. I just assume, correctly of course, that they're super jealous of my skillz and wish they could be me.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, a girl (with unbelievable legs, btw) was on the treadmill next to me and she did this thing with her feet, like a samba. Pretty cool
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Ok Go: Here it goes again

http://youtu.be/dTAAsCNK7RA
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options

lmtCRjS.gif

UevEPlE.gif

That is just to funny and probably more accurate then I care to admit lol
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I used to do that just to annoy my best friend. I would also yell "you're almost to the finish line!" when she rode her little fake bicycle. Maybe it's like prancersize! Do they include the arms? On a fitness level, I imagine it's probably good since you're using different muscles and moving more. Just don't fall off like all these other gif people.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    This is the best I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't on the treadmill but I dance and shake my *kitten* on the stairmaster haha
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I goofed around with treadmill dancing after seeing a video on fb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmfE7B0aP4 I know I look ridiculous (but there's no one watching me at home!) and it IS a great workout. Super slow didn't work for me, I think somewhere around 3.6-4.0mph depending on the song, and a 2-3% incline. Spins didn't work for me because I try to keep hands off, but lunges, squats, and shaking my hips and adding some crazy arms are easy enough. Go for it!
  • beastmodekittyx
    beastmodekittyx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I dance sometimes. Well, it's not really dancing so much as my arms violently jamming to the music and playing air-drums, but it's fun. And people stare. But whatever. I'm beyond caring if people stare at me at the gym. I just assume, correctly of course, that they're super jealous of my skillz and wish they could be me.

hahaha i do the same
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is any trick to it or 'how to's'...

Why not just use the treadmill to walk/run & dance elsewhere? Doubt it burns many extra calories if anything it probably will burn less.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

lmtCRjS.gif

UevEPlE.gif

That's what would happen to me.
  • laceymcmath
    Options

lmtCRjS.gif

UevEPlE.gif

I can't stop laughing. My favorite part is how the guy beside him just... looks at him. He doesn't move at all.