36" 24" 36"

Options
Is that only a real measurement with photo shopping? :) I've never been close even at my best. If you wouldn't mind sharing your measurements, go for it. But if you'd rather not, then you just wasted 8 seconds of your life. :)
Last time I took out my tape measure I was 34.5" 29" 37.5". Definitely not the perfect Barbie doll image. :/

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Some people are just hourglass figures and it's genetically attributed. Not much you can do, most people won't even notice. It's not like your measurements flash up each time someone glances at you, and height really makes a difference as well on whether those stats are even obtainable. It's like saying the perfect weight is 130 pounds. For me that's the edge of overweight, for some taller people it's the edge of underweight.

Haha, I picture something like one of the MPH signs flashing as people walk by. TG there's no such thing!
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ... It's not like your measurements flash up each time someone glances at you....
    They do, they do. Back in my single days, before my wife was looking over my shoulder...how does she do that?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm 133 at 5'5 and in ok shape and I am 36, 30, 36.5 as of last measure. Just don't have the curve at my waist, never have. There's literally nothing that is gonna make me shave 4" off my waist and nowhere else.

Who are these measurements for, what's the goal once there? What's the thing that's going to start happening at this magic ratio?
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to be?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I'm 133 at 5'5 and in ok shape and I am 36, 30, 36.5 as of last measure. Just don't have the curve at my waist, never have. There's literally nothing that is gonna make me shave 4" off my waist and nowhere else.

Who are these measurements for, what's the goal once there? What's the thing that's going to start happening at this magic ratio?

Truth. I'm ~34 ~27 ~36 -- 34, 26.5, and 34 if I flex in -- and there's no way I could get to 24 at waist without either shaving off part of my rib cage, or removing some internal organs. I'm pretty comfortably in a size 4 or 6, consistently, and honestly, while I'd like to be a consistent unflexed ~26 at waist, it is what it is...