Wanna have more energy

I'm four foot eleven and have always had to watch my weight. Even a little on me goes a long way (usually sideways) :) while I am quite comfortable with my body, I am a little frustrated that I don't have more energy. I gave birth to my little girl 11 months ago. I love her to pieces. I am trying to get back into shape. I want to be able to run and play with her more. I have already lost some weight, but its a far cry from where I want to be. I just need help staying motivated. Its too easy to get discouraged when going at it alone.

Replies

• aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    what is your diet like? Processed food and heavy carbs make me sluggish, but fruit and eating lean meats does wonders for me.
  • lovetotravel04
    lovetotravel04 Posts: 29 Member
    Just having a young child is tiring in itself! When my kids were little all I wanted to do was sleep because they didn't sleep real well, but maybe yours does. You'll like MFP, it's so helpful! Best wishes!
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Congrats on new baby!! I'm sure it's fun to have a little one around to help you stay up and moving. I agree kids have like endless energy....wish I new where that came from....but look at what you eat first. Is it snacking foods or is it not enough food to keep up? Start there first and see where changes can be made. For me, of course exercise does give me energy, but I also do healthy shakes for added boosts. Good Luck!! :)
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Definitely Water. Less Sodium helps as well. Water was the secret for me to have more energy. I'm also eating salmon a little more often so the fats are great for energy as well.
  • kinupmud
    kinupmud Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! I have changed my diet last couple months. It was easy to just pop something in the microwave or run to fast food and pick something up. I have gotten back into cooking more. Since I have started that I am noticing weight coming off. I gave up sodas and most sweets. Instead of potato chips, I try to eat grapes. In place of ice cream , low fat yogurt. You get the idea :) My low energy came from just being out of shape in general. Not enough excercise. With this I can hold myself acountable for what I eat and how often I work out :)
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Keep up the good courage. Your child will grow up and benefit from your good healthy food and exercise habits. Best wishes!!
  • I have 3 kids & I couldn't survive without coffee. That's my not so secret weapon. Oh that and Zoloft :tongue: Sometimes even when I don't feel like exercise I am glad that I did because it makes you feel so much better afterwards!