Looking to build lean muscle

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    So how do you program mfp to accurately track the goal of gaining muscle without adding much/any fat or even cutting fat. It seems you only have the choice to say I want to gain, then it gives you a high calorie count.

The most efficient way of building muscle is with a calorie surplus...gaining fat along with muscle is inevitable with a calorie surplus. You can gain muscle and cut fat doing a re-comp and eating right around maintenance, but it's a long process and while you can put on some muscle, I've never seen anyone put on significant mass in a re-comp...they just look to be "in shape"
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So how do you program mfp to accurately track the goal of gaining muscle without adding much/any fat or even cutting fat. It seems you only have the choice to say I want to gain, then it gives you a high calorie count.

@Craiger2019

As well as the options for choosing a rate of weight gain you can also manually set a precise calorie goal if you prefer.
    It's often used by people that use an external site such as a TDEE site to calculate their goal as well as people that want to make incremental changes based on their weight trend.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Are you talking about recomp? Then you can set your goal to maintain. You can also set it to gain 0.5lb per week or you can manually set your calories (your TDEE which I have done in the past to gain a slow 1lb per month)