Portland, OR breweries

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
Anyone from Portland? Do I need to sign up for a brewery tour or can I do it on my own?

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbfv5yqvnb1rbawg4o1_500.gif
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Aha, a unicorn ride through the breweries. Good idea!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I went through the Rogue Brewery and you didn't have to sign up in advance (it's in Newport though) I just left Salem, lived there for 4 yearsI loved the Alameda Brewhouse, yummy food - check out this site to schedule tours. http://www.experiencebrewvana.com/
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Sorry thought it was a pdx roundup. lol
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not much of a beer drinker anymore. Too many carbs and calories. McMenamins has several pubs in the pox area. If you are willing to go to the beach rogue in Newport has their brewery and distillery on the premises. Rogue has a pub in Portland also.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Not much of a beer drinker anymore.

Quitters never win.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of them. First and foremost, my FAVE brewery...Deschutes Brewery!
    Then, hit a McMenamins and ask around from there.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You don't have to sign up for a formal tour at most of them, just call ahead. However, the put together tours are fun, and if you go to living social, a lot of times they will have deals on tours that include meals.

I <3 beer tasting in Portland. . .almost as much as in Bend!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm always so jealous of anyone who lives in the northwest you guys get paid to drink and get high in one of the most gorgeous places on earth.

Oh and someone fills your gas for you while you wear your Columbia wear and shop at Ikea. So jealous.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    They only fill your gas in Oregon. . .but they only let you get high in WA. . . guess you gotta pick your issues. However, we have some of the most amazing breweries in both states. I highly recommend a trip!

(PS: now we have growler stations, where you can get your beer filled while you get your car filled: Heaven!)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    wait a minute I never got paid to drink when I lived there!!