difficulty consuming sufficient calories without exceeding...

Options
Somedays I find it difficult to consume sufficient calories without exceeding my proteins, fats or sugars...any suggestions or thoughts?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    --Database entries are often wrong. Have you double checked them?

--Usually calories are slightly higher than the macros add up to, so if they are lower that would be un-usual.

--Macros are usually indicated by %, so they normally increase as exercise is added and your target calories increase to account for the additional expenditure.

--if you setup your macros by gram, it would be normal to adjust them to account for additional expenditures generated by exercise, or to consider them as minimums or maximums <a common one would be for protein and fiber to be considered minimums as opposed to maximums; whereas cholesterol might be viewed as a maximum by people who are affected by dietary cholesterol>
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    --Database entries are often wrong. Have you double checked them?

--Usually calories are slightly higher than the macros add up to, so if they are lower that would be un-usual.

--Macros are usually indicated by %, so they normally increase as exercise is added and your target calories increase to account for the additional expenditure.

--if you setup your macros by gram, it would be normal to adjust them to account for additional expenditures generated by exercise, or to consider them as minimums or maximums <a common one would be for protein and fiber to be considered minimums as opposed to maximums; whereas cholesterol might be viewed as a maximum by people who are affected by dietary cholesterol>

Actually, since OP said it was hard to reach calorie goal without going over protein, fats, or SUGAR, this may not be a database entry issue but a tendency not to get as many COMPLEX carbs as the OP's macro goals call for. Which probably isn't a problem, but might be, depending on what their macro goals are. If the goals are the MFP default, getting more protein and fat than are called for might be just fine.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I like to periodically look at the Nutrition section of the App, where I can view the food I've logged by macro. It helps me to see which foods I eat are at the top of those Macro lists; I'm often surprised how little or much of a macro I'm actually getting in some of the food I eat.

If you are using the online browser version, go up top into REPORTS, and select from the drop down list.
    If you are on the mobile app, it's under the "more" button, scroll down to Nutrition.

good luck.